Save The Date
COMBINED DINNER MEETING
On Tuesday evening, February 9th, there will be a combined dinner meeting for current members, alumni, and guests of Association of Women in Computing (
The dinner meeting will include a presentation by Rod Colón on his
Networking is having resources at your disposal—people that you can call on to connect you to companies, individuals or information that you need to turn a "cold call" into a "warm call." How do you develop such resources whether in transition or not? On the 9th, Rod Colón, who has a real passion for networking, will tell you how.
ETP Network Founder and CEO Rod Colón has a unique perspective on what it takes to succeed in today's global economy. Rod shares his 24 years of experience as a corporate HR management insider, outside agency recruiter, professional networker, and career coach through a unique, common sense approach to networking and career management. His in-depth knowledge of international staffing, recruiting, and networking gives Rod a unique ability to coach and consult today's professionals regarding the building and maintenance of their personal networks.
Rod uses his passion, energy, enthusiasm, and creativity to support others. He coaches professionals in the art of leveraging relationships that maximizes personal networking opportunities. Rod has also taken this hand-on approach to corporations that recognize that an organization's bottom line success requires professionals to leverage internal and external networks. Mastering the skills and techniques to effectively utilize these networks is critical and essential to the success of both the professional and their organization.
One of Rod's passions is teaching at
Rod has been featured in Princeton Review, and has received numerous awards and recognition. Rod is a graduate
The schedule for the dinner meeting on February 9th will be:
Following our usual meeting format, after you have registered and added your resume, etc. to the handout piles, everyone will participate in a series of informal networking groups i.e. "speed dating", before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal groups last for approximately 5 minutes. At the end of the 5 minutes, the groups disperse, and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for the groupings will be provided at the registration desk.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 50 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or other appropriate material in a handout from the dinner.
The cost will be $45 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by
An RSVP list of attendees will be created and used to facilitate your networking activity. Current or last work affiliation, email address, and membership organization should be included in your RSVP. If you are in transition, please include the names of three target companies and the kind of position(s) you are seeking. If you are currently employed, you should provide the name of your last three employers. The preliminary RSVP will be distributed to the recipients of the initial mailing of this announcement and to all those on the list the week end before the dinner meeting for editing and informational purposes. A "final" numbered RSVP list will be available at the registration desk on the 9th and can be used as part of your general introduction …"I'm # x on the RSVP list".
Since there will be walk-ins on the 9th, the final RSVP list will be emailed to the attendees as quickly as possible after the 13th. A #ed RSVP list will also appear on your name badge which will be available at the registration desk on the 26th.
We will accept a LIMITED number of walk-ins on February 9th. Their cost will be $60 without exception as well as for RSVP's whose checks have not been received by
Again, attendees should bring 50 copies of their bio/resume, leads or materials they wish to be included in the handout for the evening of February 9th.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 9th, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt. 46 Westbound in Totowa Park can be found at www.holiday-
Please join us for an evening of improving your attempts to build your personal network, great networking opportunities, and/or a chance to just catch up. Everyone should remember that personal networks are important whether in or out of transition.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Please reply directly to the recruiter if you are interested:
Date: Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Subject: Job Oportunity
8170 Adams Drive, Suite 200
Hummelstown, PA 17036
717.703.3200 - Office
877-570.8040 - Toll Free
Attachment(s) from email@example.com
5 of 5 Photo(s)
|For 25 years CGS has built a reputation for providing quality technical resources to Fortune 500 companies to solve all types of technical problems... As a service organization, CGS understands that in order to attract and retain clients, we must continue to provide an un-equaled level of support and services, and we do. The highest recommendation and reward we can receive from our clients is the amount of repeat business we receive (over 95%).|
Our staff are not only technologically savvy but also are proficient in the intricacies of the industries in which they are engaged including but not limited to insurance, banking, manufacturing and communications, utilities, petrochemicals and pharmaceuticals.
CGS's Consulting Organization is an organization of dedicated men and women who have the ambition, creativity and discipline required to meet the challenges posed to us by our clients in a timely and cost-effective manner.
As a result of our success, CGS is currently hiring individuals who are experienced in the following areas:
Top Priority - WPF & Silverlight Application Developers - NY / CT !!!
Project Coordinator with Financial Services - NY
Adobe Flex Developers - NJ
Business Analyst with Life Sciences experience - Junior/Mid Level - NJ
Business Analysts with Life Sciences experience - Senior - NJ
Computer Validation Specialists with Life Sciences experience - NJ
Data Architects with Life Sciences experience - NJ
Enterprise Architects with Life Sciences experience - NJ
Java Documentum Developers - NJ
Java and JSP Developers - PA / NJ
LIMS SampleManager Analysts - NJ
Project Managers with Life Sciences experience - NJ
Project Manager with Life Sciences experience- Junior/Mid-Level - NJ
SAS Developers (Modeling & Simulation) - NJ
SAP Manufacturing specialists with Life Sciences experience - NJ
SAP Solutions Architects with Life Sciences experience - NJ
SFA User Acceptance Testing - Senior - NJ
SharePoint Professionals - NJ / NY
SharePoint Trainers - NJ / NY
Sun Java IdM Developers - NJ
Web Application Performance Tuning Specialists - NJ
Want to learn more about the consulting opportunities listed here? Visit our website at http://www.CGSonlin e.com
Don't forget to ask about our referral fees for candidates and business opportunities.
We look forward to talking with you!!
CGS Technology Associates
485E US Route 1 South
Iselin, NJ 08830
Email: jobs@cgsonline. com
Web: www.cgsonline. com
MIS Ntwk Assoc Mtg Dates:
Feb 2nd - Tues - Bring 20 copies of your resume - 6 pm - Carnevale Center 10 Lenox Ave Pompton Lakes 07442 Rm 9 - plan to have dinner with us afterwards
Feb 9th Combined Dinner Mtg AWC - Rod Colon - Empowering Today's Professionals (ETP) Network
Header: Service Delivery Manager- NY Metro Area
Position: PP Mgt - Program Management Specialist II
Position Code: Program Management Specialist II
Office Location: NYC Metro area. Provisioning Support
Comments: Must change cost code and client upon hire. US Citizen or Green Card
Scope of Work –
IMAC Service Delivery Manager (Project Manager with a Network Background)
The service delivery manager (SDM) position is basically a client facing Project Manager who has a background in Networks. The successful candidate for this position will understand networks, and will be able to carry on a discussion with the network engineers, but will not be expected to actually do the hands-on network work. This is not a senior level position. This position will be responsible for coordination of customer installation for both internal and external clients, and manage connectivity services for installs, adds, moves and changes to the SFTI network. This involves definition of procedures to provide services, application of business processes, coordination of multiple departmental and vendor service providers, fulfillment monitoring and management, and development and maintenance of key account technical relationships.
Specific Tasks Performed:
• Provide support for all Install / move / add / changes for internal and external customers
• Initiate work flow for new SFTI customer orders in Remedy
Maintain customer profile database
Maintain customer request database
• Manage customer services requests
Create and maintain status for all project details in the PMT to track all customer requests
Prioritize customer request to be provisioned
Coordinate customer technical interchange meeting to gather customer requirements
Coordinate support across internal groups
Provide regular updates to client, sales team and management.
Align application testing support for clients
• Provide pre & post sales support
• Understand current & future service offerings across all of NYSE, ARCA, Euronext and B2B services at a broad level.
• Issue monthly and weekly provisioning schedules.
• Support Content Service Provider (CSP) implementation
Coordinate the planning
Requirements gathering for design activities
Coordinate escalation procedures with the customer
• Document and distribute
Welcome packets including business process, procedures and connectivity instructions
• Vendor Management
Responsible for obtaining and maintaining the interface with Service Bureau, Extranets, and Carriers as needed to monitor capacity and upgrades
Retrieval of capacity/performanc e reporting for all vendors for management purposes
• Provide monthly billing feed to Finance
• Publish monthly management status reports on the following:
Service request activity
Service OLA & SLA's
• Work with members, external vendors, order flow providers, and internal business units to maximize access to the exchange and increase order flow traffic through the establishment of new connectivity.
• Liaising with members firms and NYSE Technologies to ensure the development of connectivity & Collocation products meeting internal standards and regulatory requirements. This requires working with groups including on and off shore vendors, Quality Assurance, and Regulation.
Pyramid Consulting, Inc| Office: 770 255 7605 | Fax: +678 514 3501 | Email: Kausar.imam@ pyramidci. com |Yahoo IM Kausar102 | Public Profile: http://www.linkedin .com/in/kausar1
Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)
- FW: oracle portal developer From: Gregory Ameres
- Fwd: Opportunity for Systems Engineer in Denver, CO From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LEAD: Dir Sftwr Devel - NC - to 170k From: john sampson
- LEAD: Storage Sys Mgr - NJ - to 110k From: john sampson
- LEAD: Sys Admin - NJ - to 90k From: john sampson
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (796)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
01/24 - 01/31
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: REMINDER - COMBINED DINNER...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Job Oportunity (C# Software De...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Cnsltg Opportunities - NY/N...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM/Serv Del - NYMetro - Ntwk...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2036
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sys Admin - NJ - to 90k
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Storage Sys Mgr - NJ - to 11...
- [itroundtable] Several of the best free university...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Dir Sftwr Devel - NC - to 17...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1882
- [WNO] Digest Number 444
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 432
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Opportunity for Systems Engine...
- [itroundtable] FW: oracle portal developer
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2035
- [CNG] Digest Number 1881
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 301
- [itroundtable] Fwd: FREE Interactive Job-Seeker We...
- [itroundtable] PM Contract in Central NJ
- [itroundtable] Fwd: URGENT OPENING - NJ - DIRECT P...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Perl/C/Linux Arch - NYC - Mk...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: MF QA Tester - NJ - F/T - $?...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: 3 Sr Dsktp Supp Engs - NYC ...
- [itroundtable] Technical Writer in Raritan, NJ
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2034[1 Attachment]
- [CNG] Digest Number 1880
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 300
- [WNO] Digest Number 442[1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Twitter on ProjectManagers.net...
- [itroundtable] Fw: Atlantic Coast Media Group 02-0...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Cash BA - NYC - 550/day C2C
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Java/Web Services Developer ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2033
- [CNG] Digest Number 1879
- [WNO] Digest Number 441
- [itroundtable] Fwd: [MyLinkNetwork] Networking and...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Recruiting Business Analysts i...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: US-IT Developer/Engineer VII P...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2032[2 Attachments]
- [CNG] Digest Number 1878
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 298
- [WNO] Digest Number 440
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 431
- [itroundtable] TLD flyer60 hour course 2010 march....
- [itroundtable] Fw: Urgent Need for Sr. Hyperion De...
- [itroundtable] Fw: TLD flyer60 hour course 2010 ma...
- [itroundtable] Toastmasters Enrollment - Metuchen
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2031
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 297
- [CNG] Digest Number 1877
- [itroundtable] DeVry IT Work Group, 1/26/2010, 10:...
- [itroundtable] **NNJ ASTD Career Transition**02/11...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr BA - NJ - ASAP - Contract...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr BA - NYC - to 120k + bonu...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: CIO - Hlth Care - to 200k
- [itroundtable] FW: I thought you might be interest...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2030
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 296
- [CNG] Digest Number 1876
- [WNO] Digest Number 438
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 429
- ▼ 01/24 - 01/31 (62)
- ► 2009 (1387)