Recruiter Night Out
Raffle: Donated by Razzino Associates
On Tuesday evening, May 28th, MIS Network Associates (MNA), IT-Networking, the
- Contingency: Vinay Singh – Robert Half Technology
- Contingency: Janelle Razzino – Razzino Associates
- Corporate: Jack Renahan -- Rema Tip Top NA
- Consulting: Sue McLean -- The Connors Group
The panel will be moderated by Bob Larson of Berman Larson Kane.
As president of Berman Larson Kane, which was named "Best Employer in
Bob is a nationally recognized speaker and author whose published works include Aim, Shoot, Get Hired! and numerous articles in a wide range of professional journals and magazines.
In addition to his work as president, he serves as chairman of the board of the National Association of Personnel Services, a national organization that represents more than 1,000 staffing firms. He has also served the Association as district director as well as president of the New Jersey Staffing Association and certified employment arbitrator and staffing ethics chairperson for
Inducted into the Staffing Hall of Fame in 2007 and the recipient of numerous awards for his work throughout the years, Bob began his career in 1980 when he was one of two founding partners of both Berman & Larson and Larson Consulting Services. He purchased the firm from his partner in 1988 and purchased HR Pros, a Rose Kane company in 1999. In 2008 he acquired a clinical and medical affairs recruiting and consulting firm.
Holding a bachelor's degree from
Unedited questions for the panel are included below. These questions are subject to editing until Friday, May 24th, when the final list will be published electronically to the previous recipients. Please return your comments on the questions to John Sampson at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. The final questions will be available in hard copy at the registration desk the evening of the dinner meeting on May 28th. Again, ad hoc questions will be accepted by the Moderator during the discussion with the panelists and Bob Larson may have a few questions for the panelists himself.
The schedule for the dinner meeting on May 28th will be:
The informal networking groups are so helpful in networking that we will do the "speed dating" again on the 28th before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal "dates" consist of up to 4 people and last for 5 to 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes, the groups break up and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for your "speed dating" encounters will be provided at the registration desk in case you are at a loss for what to say during these conversations.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 50 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or other appropriate material in a handout for each participant from the dinner.
The cost will be $45 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by
An initial list of attendees will be emailed to all the RSVPs, members of MNA, the
For those attendees who are in transition, three target companies should be included in your RSVP as well as the type of position you seek.
A "final" numbered RSVP list of attendees will be available along with the pre-published questions and an ID badge at the registration desk on the 28th. Your number on the final RSVP list should be part of your introduction: "I'm number x on the RSVP list …". All attendees should have their sharp, crisp, 30 second elevator speech at the ready. Too many "ahs, dees and doeses" will be cut off unceremoniously. Remember, you and your introduction will be between the rest of the attendees and dinner!
A final RSVP list of the actual attendees will be emailed to everyone who participated by June 4th.
We will accept a LIMITED number of walk-ins on the 28th. Anyone who attends on the 28th and whose check has not been received by
Again, bring 50 copies of your bio/resume, leads, or materials you wish to be included in the handout the evening of May 28th.
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt 46 Westbound in Totowa can be found at www.holiday-inn.com/totowanj.
Dues are due for MNA Members.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 28th, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Please join us for what always is a well attended evening of lively discussion, great networking opportunities, and a chance to just catch up.
Draft Questions for Recruiters Night Out 5/28/13 (Pls edit these questions appropriately and return the results to John Sampson)
1. What is your perception of the current job market in general such as demand for IT, HR, Fin Svcs, and Eng skills for both contract and permanent senior positions ?
2. Are there any key industries to target?
a. Growth industries?
b. specific companies?
3. Do you see or anticipate any impact on hiring – in financial services or other - as a result of the subprime mortgage and liquidity crunch?
4. What are the top issues or problems that your clients are trying to solve?
a. most sought after skills?
5. When a client specifies "hands on"
a. do you ask for a clarification / definition?
b. what is your interpretation?
6. What is your/your client's policy regarding references and Social Security numbers up front? Are they required, what should a candidate do when asked for them?
7. What makes a resume click with you? Can you relate any examples?
8. What can a person do to differentiate themselves?
9. How important are certifications? Which ones are in the most demand?
10. How and how often should candidates stay in touch with you?
11. Do you use LinkedIn as part of your search process in looking for candidates? How often do pictures and a complete profile figure your evaluation of candidates?
12. Considering the audience tonight, and the current status of the market as you see it is there a final piece of advice you would like to offer them about dealing with Recruiters like yourselves?
|Reply via web post||Reply to sender||Reply to group||Start a New Topic||Messages in this topic (1)|