Save The Date
COMBINED DINNER MEETING
Managing The First Impression
On Tuesday evening, April 6th, there will be a combined dinner meeting for current members, alumni, and guests of IT-Networking, MIS Network Associates (MNA), Monmouth Networking, The Breakfast Club NJ (TBCNJ),
The dinner meeting will include a presentation by Linda Trignano – Managing The First Impression.
In a difficult job market, interviews are a very precious commodity. I hope we can all agree that critical impressions are formed in less than the first 30 seconds of the usual face-to-face interview. The way you look will be a substantial part of the interviewer's impression based on how you are dressed. Is your appearance at interviews a positive, a negative, or a neutral attribute to your efforts to secure a job? How about a professional opinion? Professional coach and career consultant Linda Trignano will provide guidance to Dressing for the Successful Interview -- attire, grooming, accessories, and more. If you're up for the challenge, come to the meeting dressed as you do for an interview. A few audience volunteers (both male and female) will be offered the opportunity to have their interview attire discussed and contructively critiqued by the Coach Linda as well as the audience based on the information shared during the evening.
Linda Trignano's consulting firm, Trignano Consulting, find her at: www.lindatrignano.
The schedule for the dinner meeting on April 6th will be:
Following our usual meeting format, after you have registered and added your resume, etc. to the handout piles, everyone will participate in a series of informal networking groups i.e. "speed dating", before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal groups last for approximately 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes, the groups disperse, and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for the groupings will be provided at the registration desk.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 50 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or other appropriate material in a handout from the dinner.
The cost will be $30 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by
An RSVP list of attendees will be created and used to facilitate your networking activity. Current or last work affiliation, email address, and membership organization should be included in your RSVP. If you are in transition, please include the names of three target companies and the kind of position(s) you are seeking. If you are currently employed, you should provide the name of your last three employers. The preliminary RSVP will be distributed to the recipients of the initial mailing of this announcement and to all those on the list the week end before the dinner meeting for editing and informational purposes. A "final" numbered RSVP list will be available at the registration desk on the 6th and can be used as part of your general introduction …"I'm # x on the RSVP list". Your number will also appear on your name badge which will be available at the registration desk on the 6th.
Since there will be walk-ins on the 6th, the final RSVP list will be emailed to the attendees as quickly as possible after April 9th.
The cost of the dinner meeting will be $45 after
Again, attendees should bring 50 copies of their bio/resume, leads or materials they wish to be included in the handout for the evening of April 6th.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 6th, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt. 46 Westbound in Totowa Park can be found at www.holiday-
Please join us for an evening of improving your attempts to build your personal network, great networking opportunities, and/or a chance to just catch up. Everyone should remember to wear their interview suit.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
From: Norm Davis [mailto:normd@ cisny.com]
Re: (Exclusive & Confidential Search)-Enterprise Application Architect-Midtown, NYC
The keys are
- Ability to develop very complicated code within DIFFERENT architectures - SOA, n-tier, MVC, etc.
- Ability to create very high level and low level diagrams that can be well understood by all
- Ability to implement standards and push to ensure best practices across development groups
- Ability to develop root cause analysis for any and all problems related to architecture, code and production issues
The Enterprise Application Architect will play a technical leadership role in the development of an enterprise architecture discipline at The Organization. In this role, the enterprise application architect is responsible for setting the architectural vision, documenting and communicating standards and assisting in the development and alignment of technology staff with respect to the application viewpoint. The enterprise application architect plays a key role in defining the overall direction, guidance and definition of an enterprise's architecture to effectively support the technology strategy and vision. In this role you will act as a visionary by defining the future state application architecture to support the business vision, a collaborator and consensus-builder to facilitate the selection and prioritization of the prescribed solutions, and a steward for the Enterprise Architecture standards, guidelines, and best practices.
The Enterprise Application Architect provides technical leadership by conceptualizing and formally describing how to structure applications and how software components interact and integrate. This position leads the definition, creation, and implementation of robust and scalable software architectures to support sustainable development. You must balance practical considerations with architectural vision to achieve the greatest benefit to the environment. Work ranges from conceptual and strategic to tactical. Your work will span the SDLC and will include integrating current architectures as well as new architectural projects.
You will be responsible for helping to create the governance for the application viewpoint to support The Organization' s Enterprise Architecture; producing architectural artifacts for small systems to large solution subsystems; working with internal cross-functional teams on project initiatives by converting project requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution, providing architectural guidance, and conducting reviews. This conversion is based largely upon the strategies, design patterns, and best practices that have been established by the Enterprise Architecture capability and guided by the requirements and objectives of the Information Technology team.
When you are not partnering with project teams you will be responsible for leading the cross-functional teams to implement new enterprise-level application services. As member of the Enterprise Architecture team, you share the in the responsibility for defining, challenging and supporting EA standards and decisions. In short, you will play an influential role in establishing and governing those standards and strategies. Finally, you will use your detailed knowledge of one or more application or technology areas including: technology trends, current industry standards, new products and the latest solution development techniques to help shape our technological strategy.
The enterprise application architect reports directly to the vice president, enterprise architecture.
" Project-based work
o Engage and challenge requirements for initiatives while designing solutions based on deep technical knowledge of n-tier architectures
o Interface and interact with project teams and business users to understand requirements, so the requirements can be effectively translated into application and systems architecture
o Convert project requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for not only the current but also future solutions
o Prepare and conduct formal code and/or design reviews to ensure adherence to development best practices and architectural processes
o Facilitate and assist in the completion of required architectural artifacts for initiatives. Validate software engineers proposed solution designs
o At the end of an initiative, ensure developed solutions met the requirements of the business sponsors, partners, project leadership, business analysts, and architects
" Shared Services Development & Artifacts
o Develop architectural component library including Java-based "services" such as Authentication, Authorization, Data Access, etc. These "services" will include the development of common util packages, simple standard code templates & stubs, "living and breathing" SOAP-based Web Services, and the development of RESTful APIs and more fully developed and deployed message based architectures.
o Participate in the implementation of critical pieces of code such as those that multiple applications will leverage
o Build prototypes and proofs-of-concept
" Governance and SDLC improvement
o Create, communicate and improve the governing principles, standards and models that detail The Organization' s technical landscape by reconciling various stakeholder requirements
o Assist in the development of architectural governance and associated processes to guide and sanction critical architectural decisions.
o Provide oversight to ensure that architectures are designed and built to approved specifications
o Ensure compliance (using prescribed checkpoints and metrics) and work to improve the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
o Facilitate architectural governance by culturing an architectural community and participate as an acting member of the enterprise architecture committee
o Write technical documentation and introduce standard practices
o Create architecture artifacts that exhibit adherence to strategy, adopted design patterns, and good operating practices
o Monitor and approve configuration, solution architecture, development and quality assurance aspects of projects
o Assist with root cause analysis of technical problems in the development, QA, or production environments
o Partner with development and operations teams to ensure the ongoing performance and scalability of applications
o Responsible for the integrity and continuity of software architecture for internally developed applications
" Best Practices
o Provide highest level of subject matter expertise and leadership in improving process and understanding of both advanced technology solutions and process including deep technical/architect ure guidance to project teams
o Assist and inform development teams with the availability of assets or services that can be re-used by the project teams to drive consistency, cost reduction, and increases speed to market
o Identify improvement areas in The Organization' s Enterprise Application Architecture such as improving functionality, quality, stability, security, and overall performance
o Collaborate with other architects and technical leaders across the organization to develop best practices
o Lead the development and lifecycle evolution of architectural standards, reference models, guidelines and principles
o Provide detailed guidance by creating standard design artifacts, designing reference architectures, developing design patterns, direction for development framework implementation, and assisting in design pattern consumption by development teams
o Lead the creation, review, and maintenance of technical specifications, architecture models, and documentation to depict complex entities and system constraints and the impact of any changes
" Strategy and Thought Leadership
o Assist in the education of The Organization' s management and staff on enterprise architecture principles and standards, reference models, and processes affecting system designs, technology selections and business value
o Assist in the development of a technology strategy and translate this strategy into specific solutions while adhering to stated enterprise architectural principles and standards
o Work with management to help design, scope and articulate solutions during internal business unit meetings, strategy sessions and formal customer response efforts
o Research new emerging, disruptive technologies to understand their potential (business and technical) benefit to the organization. This includes understanding larger industry trends and The Organization' s evolving business needs and opportunities.
o Mentor software engineers toward best practices in design, development, and industry standards. In addition, formalize development staff technical skills cross-training to facilitate resource sharing and dissemination of best practices
o Participate in the development of the enterprise architecture organizations and day-to-day procedures
Education and Experience:
" 8+ or more years of experience with architectural designs and strategies as they relate to applications development, collaboration, infrastructure, networking and data management; integrating new and legacy systems; and leading design teams on small, medium and large scale projects.
" 8+ years experience developing increasingly complex and sophisticated software, of which 4 years were at the senior/architect level in a J2EE architectural context
" 5+ years developing software in a WebSphere or core J2EE custom-software development environment, which must have included developing Web Services, Java Beans and POJO
" Excellent knowledge of Design Patterns, UML, Object Oriented analysis and design, including use cases, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams
" Excellent knowledge of Architectural Frameworks such as Zachman & Federal Enterprise Architecture
" Solid experience architecting and documenting complex large scale systems incorporating packaged and custom applications
" Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) - must have done at least one major project
" Experience with ESB, Messaging, object and relational database patterns and design techniques
" Practical experience with High Availability Systems
" Experience with various common standards, models, design patterns, components, best practices, frameworks, and APIs such as
o AJAX, XML, SAML
o Java/J2EE: Struts, Spring, Webflow, JSP, JDBC, JNDI
o ORM: Torque, Hibernate, IBATIS
o WS: SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, WS-SECURITY
" Experience with development (various IDEs) and deployment tools such as ANT, wsadmin, xmlaccess etc
" Working knowledge of RIA/Web 2.0 techniques and technologies
" Working knowledge of UNIX operating system
" Understanding of Inverse of Control Containers and Dependency injection patterns
" At least a four-year degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
Optional but a plus:
" Experience building and leveraging RESTful APIs in the development of custom portal applications
" Exposure to other middleware and/or external security manager products (Oracle Identity Manager, Tivoli Directory Server)
" Exposure to PostGREs, SQL Server, Oracle, DB@
" Experience or working knowledge of EDGE (IBM HTTP Server) including DynaCache technology, Lotus collaboration tools (Quickr, Connections) , WebSphere Portal, Portal Document Manager, and WebSphere Content Manager (WCM)
" Experience with AJAX and JSON (Dojo a plus)
" Brainbench or Sun certified on JAVA platform preferred
Knowledge and Skills
" Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized
" The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Capable of translating and presenting technical concepts into practical business terms for leaders in small and large group settings
" Proven client interaction and meeting facilitation skills. Ability to effectively present and communicate conflicting business requirements to help deliver an enterprise perspective
" Demonstrated a record of managing and maintaining large scale deployments
" Willingness to mentor junior resources and other team members
" Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stack
" Ability to create unprecedented architecture solutions that require a high level of critical thinking, creativity and innovation
" Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply business judgment to complex problems, and the ability to make decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
" Self starter, entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to drive for success while forging strong client partnerships
" High level of flexibility and ability to persevere through periods of significant change and challenge in the business environment
" Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment managing multiple, simultaneous projects and navigating a complex set of interests
Word Resume to:
Concepts in Staffing
Messages In This Digest (24 Messages)
- Fwd: Corp-Corp Job Req:Very Urgent Req: Unix/Linux Server Admin @45 From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FW: [CNG] Article: How Recruiters Read Resumes In 10 Seconds or Less From: Chuck Burg
- FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Mid-NJ ASTD "Tropical and Topical" Chapter From: Chuck Burg
- FW: Advice from CNN for Job Seekers From: Chuck Burg
- FW: [CNG] Free Guide: Get Back to Work Faster [1 Attachment] From: Chuck Burg
- FW: [Phillyleads] job: Project Manager ERP/CRM SAP Implementation From: Chuck Burg
- LEAD: Java Server Side Devel - NYC - Contract pos From: john sampson
- GENERAL: Screening (Out) Your Resume - In 20 sec or less From: john sampson
- Developer vb.net - NYC From: Alicja Lisnow
- LEAD: CGI PM - NYC - to 450/day C2C From: john sampson
- LEAD: PM SOA & DBs - LI - SDLC From: john sampson
- REMINDER: Monday, February 22, 7-9pm: TCN / Temple Community Network From: Bob Roman
- FW: [Phillyleads] job: Sr. Database Developer From: Chuck Burg
- FW: VOICE PROJECT MANAGER JOB IN NJ From: Chuck Burg
- FW: State of NJ requirements - 216926 216924 216851 216991 From: Chuck Burg
- FW: Excellent Job Opportunity with Bank of America / Merrill Lynch i From: Chuck Burg
- FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] FW: BNY Mellon Job Posting Notification - F From: Chuck Burg
- FW: SR 44633 From: Chuck Burg
- LEAD: Dir QA - NJ - to 120k From: john sampson
- LEAD: Cognos Devel - NY - to 100/hr From: john sampson
- Fwd: Applications Support Manager- Manhattan, NY (RELOCATION AVAILAB From: Robert Cooper
- FW: [CIT_Group] FW: Job Post From: Chuck Burg
- FW: [CNG] Article: You Just Have to Do It (Wall Street Journal) From: Chuck Burg
- Consulting Application Developer - Rutgers - Piscataway From: Alicja Lisnow
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (797)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
02/14 - 02/21
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: COMBINED DINNER MTG - 4/6 ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Enterprise Arch - NYC - to 1...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2058[7 Attachments]
- [itroundtable] Consulting Application Developer - ...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1903[1 Attachment]
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 314
- [WNO] Digest Number 465
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 441
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: You Just Have to...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CIT_Group] FW: Job Post [1 Att...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Applications Support Manager- ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Cognos Devel - NY - to 100/h...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Dir QA - NJ - to 120k
- [itroundtable] FW: SR 44633 [1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] FW: BNY Me...
- [itroundtable] FW: Excellent Job Opportunity with ...
- [itroundtable] FW: State of NJ requirements - 2169...
- [itroundtable] FW: VOICE PROJECT MANAGER JOB IN NJ...
- [itroundtable] FW: [Phillyleads] job: Sr. Database...
- [itroundtable] REMINDER: Monday, February 22, 7-9p...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM SOA & DBs - LI - SDLC
- [itroundtable] LEAD: CGI PM - NYC - to 450/day C2C...
- [itroundtable] Developer vb.net - NYC [1 Attachme...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: Screening (Out) Your Resu...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Java Server Side Devel - NYC...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Free Guide: Get Back to W...
- [itroundtable] FW: Advice from CNN for Job Seekers...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Mid-NJ AST...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: How Recruiters R...
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Corp-Corp Job Req:Very Urgent ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2057
- [CNG] Digest Number 1902
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 313
- [WNO] Digest Number 464
- [itroundtable] FW: [THESEARCHQUEEN] PERSISTENCE - ...
- [itroundtable] FW: [Phillyleads] job: Project Man...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] CT / Proj...
- [itroundtable] FW: [Phillyleads] job: Mid-Level P...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2056[5 Attachments]
- [itroundtable] FW: $10 Coupon, Plus more HP ink & ...
- [itroundtable] FW: Urgent job opening For The Posi...
- [itroundtable] FW: Fresh job. (id 915).
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: Three Steps to Y...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] BNY Mellon...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Telecom In...
- [itroundtable] FW: The Oracle OpenWorld 2010 Call ...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] [LEAD} Fw:...
- [itroundtable] FW: Visual CV
- [itroundtable] FW: Free SQLSaturday #39 NYC Traini...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Project Ma...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Junior Accountant East Br...
- [itroundtable] FW: Upcoming Events at Training Cam...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: Navigating the M...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Position: ...
- [itroundtable] FW: New Jersey Diversity Career Day...
- [itroundtable] FW: [C360NG] Fw: FREE Interactive J...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Tips for BA's: Changing Jobs I...
- [itroundtable] Senior Software Engineer at the New...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: myResumeAgent Career Tips & Ta...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: HP Seminar - Realize The ...
- [itroundtable] FW: You're Invited: IBM Cognos Mids...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2055
- [itroundtable] Free Webinar - Using Facebook as Pa...
- [itroundtable] Project Management Training - Free
- [itroundtable] Oracle DBA - New York - "Permanent"...
- [itroundtable] job lead ...Vice President and CIO
- [CNG] Digest Number 1901
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 312
- [WNO] Digest Number 463
- [itroundtable] FW: [CCC] Fwd: Final chance to join...
- [itroundtable] FW: [Phillyleads] job: Technical A...
- [itroundtable] FW: [Phillyleads] job: Senior Infr...
- [itroundtable] FW: [Phillyleads] job: Oracle DBA O...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Using Face...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] Fwd: VOIP ...
- [itroundtable] FW: [TheBreakfastClubNJ] 2 VP IT ro...
- [itroundtable] FW: FOR THE UNEMPLOYED
- [itroundtable] FW: [C360NG] Social Media presentat...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: After Interview ...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: Why most jobs ar...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Don't Miss Your Chance to Atte...
- [itroundtable] FW: [CNG] Article: The painful trut...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Cocktails with Riverbed and Br...
- [itroundtable] FW: SENIOR QA POSITION!!!!!
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Opening for UNIX/Linux Enginee...
- [itroundtable] FW: SUBSCRIPTION REFERRAL
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Final chance to join HP to exp...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2054
- [CNG] Digest Number 1900[2 Attachments]
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 311[1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] DeVry IT Work Group, 2/23/2010, 10:...
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 440
- [itroundtable] Lead: Business Intelligence Analyst...
- [itroundtable] How Recruiters Read Resumes In 10 S...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Devel - NYC - Broker Deal...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Compliance Mgr - NYC - At le...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Data Ctr Mgr - NYC - to 130k...
- [itroundtable] wrong eventbrite date
- [itroundtable] Sr Metadata Analyst
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2053
- [CNG] Digest Number 1899
- [itroundtable] DeVry IT Work Group, 2/23/2010, 10:...
- [WNO] Digest Number 461[2 Attachments]
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 439
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2052
- [itroundtable] Right Brain/Left Brain Leadership -...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1898
- [WNO] Digest Number 460
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2051
- [itroundtable] Director, Business Intelligence - N...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1897
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 310
- [WNO] Digest Number 459
- ▼ 02/14 - 02/21 (115)
- ► 2009 (1387)