Thursday 6/17 5:30 Madison, NJ - A great group!
Career Forum Jointly Sponsored by
IIBA NJ Chapter and FDU Graduate Business Club
From Ann Bergquist
Saturday, June 5, 2010
[itroundtable] FW: NYExUG - June Meeting Announcement - Disk Virtualization Best Practices/Supported Configs
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 9:43 AM
Subject: NYExUG - June Meeting Announcement - Disk Virtualization Best Practices/Supported Configs
Our June meeting will focus back on virtualization, since this is the future of efficient computing. Mailing list related: I'm considering dropping all AOL email addresses from the mailing list. Reason is, AOL has some of the least rational emailing spam policies in the industry. If only their email admins came to our meetings, I could educate them. I can explain more at the meeting.
We are raffling off a "hot of the press" of the newest Office 2010 Professional software plus much more.
Ben Serebin of REEF Solutions, Founder and President of NY Exchange User Group
RSVP deadline by Mon 6/7 5pm EST (free - includes pizza dinner & raffles)
Tue, 6/8. Doors open at 6pm. Meeting location details below.
Question of the Month
What methods of disk virtualization are supported for Exchange?
Bonus Question: Which versions support which method?
Answer to previous Question of the Month:
Q) For moving mailboxes, in Exchange 2007 we performed "move maibox", but in Exchange 2010, what is the new command called?
A) The process to move mailboxes in Exchange 2010 is now called "local move request" for mailbox moves within a single AD forest and "remote move request" for mailbox moves across 2 forests.
Find previous meetings information & upcoming events on our website: www.nyexug.com
See you at the meeting,
NYExUG Partner Sponsorshipby DoubleTake Software
Double-Take® Software offers affordable workload optimization products that are simple to use and enable you to move workloads for migration, continuously backup and recover data and applications, ensure workload availability or easily manage desktop and server workloads in physical and virtual environments, regardless of platform or location. It also allows you to monitor changes to all protected files and replicates only the bytes that change.
- Workload Migration: Move workloads between any combination of physical and virtual hardware (P2P, P2V, V2P, V2V or X2X) within datacenters or across locations for datacenter migrations and consolidations.
- Workload Backup: Continuously backup workloads and recover them on demand to a new physical or virtual machine. Recovery can be done at the item level to any point in time.
- Workload Availability: Ensure the availability of critical IT workloads for disaster recovery and business continuity using real-time replication and failover that can protect individual applications, entire servers or virtualized workloads running on VMware ESX or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Workload Flexibility: Easily manage any workload by booting it from iSCSI SANs, regardless of hardware and without the need for specialized HBAs.
Future Meetings (tentative)
July or August - Exchange 2010 Improvements for Archiving/Retention
You MUST RSVP to gain access to the building.
Microsoft NYC Office
6th Floor, in the Place Conference Room (at receptionist, go left, right, and left down hall)
The meetings occur every 2nd Tuesday of every Month. All meetings are held at Microsoft, 1290 Avenue of the
Interested in Speaking
- Speakers can be Exchange Admins, Network Admins, and anyone knowledge-able of Exchange. Topics could be highlighting a certain aspect of Exchange (e.g. X400, Connectors, RUS, Storage Groups, Shared Hosting, etc), a product you use in your organization that is extremely helpful in increasing your productivity. If in doubt, email me, Ben Serebin. Email address below.
Interesting Sponsoring a Meeting or Topic
- contact me for more information on this.
Future Meeting Topics
Other Topics Interested In - Anti-virus, Common Problems and Troubleshooting, Defragmention of Store, Cached Mode, PBX Integration (if you are a vendor, and are interested in presenting these, let me know.)
Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)
- FW: Field Application Engineers at AudioCodes in Somerset NJ From: email@example.com
- LEAD: PM - NYC - 500/day C@C - Admin glbl Portfolie From: john sampson
- LEAD: Ntwk Svcs & Infra Dir - NYC - to 180k + Bonus From: john sampson
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.
Conserva Resources, Inc.
Recruiting & Consulting Services
"Our Reputation Is Our Value"
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (673)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
05/30 - 06/06
- [itroundtable] FW: NJ IIBA June 17 Chapter Meeting...
- [itroundtable] FW: NYExUG - June Meeting Announcem...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2159
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Ntwk Svcs & Infra Dir - NYC ...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 405
- [WNO] Digest Number 563
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - 500/day C@C - Adm...
- [itroundtable] FW: Field Application Engineers at ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2158
- [CNG] Digest Number 1997
- [WNO] Digest Number 562
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 404
- [itroundtable] FW: Remote IT Project Manager Neede...
- [itroundtable] Problem & Incident Management- Cred...
- RE: [itroundtable] Fwd: Introducing First Personal...
- RE: [itroundtable] Fwd: Introducing First Personal...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Introducing First Personalized...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2157
- [CNG] Digest Number 1996
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 403
- [WNO] Digest Number 561
- [itroundtable] FW: newly created Reg VP of Sales p...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2156
- [CNG] Digest Number 1995
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 402
- [WNO] Digest Number 560
- [itroundtable] FW: Sharepoint Business Analyst & T...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: The Innovators Club invites yo...
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2155
- [itroundtable] **NNJ ASTD Career Transition**06/10...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1994
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 401
- [WNO] Digest Number 559
- [itroundtable] FW: New NYC Opening- Enterprise Arc...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Cert Blk Belt - Investment B...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Enterprise Arch - Cap Mkts -...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr PM - NYC/NJ - Prime Broke...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Dir PMO - No NJ - Fin Svcs
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 400
- [CNG] Digest Number 1993
- [WNO] Digest Number 558
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 479
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2154
- [CNG] Digest Number 1992
- [WNO] Digest Number 557
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 478
- ▼ 05/30 - 06/06 (47)
- ► 2009 (1387)