|Please contact Mike directly email@example.com|
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Date: Nov 19, 2011 2:13 PM
Subject: Belief system
Don't Believe the Myth: Get Hired Over the Holidays
"I'm taking the holiday season off from getting a new job because no one hires between Thanksgiving and New Years," says the majority of job seekers.
"Don't believe this myth."
When you lose this limiting belief and replace and embrace it with a new belief that there are unlimited opportunities at any given time, especially during the holiday season, you will have an excellence chance of securing employment during the holiday season.
8 Reasons Why You Can Land a Job During the Holiday Season:
1) You will stand out and get noticed because your competition has bought into the myth.
2) More managers / decision-makers are in the office and are not travelling or away from their offices.
3) Most hiring managers / decision-makers are in the "holiday spirit' and will meet and speak with you.
4) 2012 is near, and many companies are planning their 2012 budgets and personnel needs.
5) There are more holiday events and opportunities for networking and new contact development.
6) Hiring managers / decision-makers will respect your efforts during the holidays, and you will make their job easier.
7) Seasonal work often times leads to full time employment; and there are many seasonal jobs available.
8) The economy is definitely improving and employers are hiring and gearing up to start 2012 with a bang.
"There are hundreds of thousands of jobs created during the holiday season," says National Retail Federation President and CEO Matthew Shay in a release in October.
This is true – and this does NOT include jobs that are not advertised or those that are not directly or indirectly related to retail. In all probability, there are millions of jobs created during the holiday season; especially this holiday season with an improved economy and stock market.
Those who believe in the myth, will be unemployed come January 2012. But those who work diligently and intelligently to land a job during the holiday season, will have a good chance of beginning 2012 gainfully employed!
Linsey Levine, MS
Creating Conscious Career Paths & Connections
Home Office Phone: 914-923-9233
I help people in career pain, career limbo, or career depression
Get Unstuck: Get Clear, Get Focused, Get Moving
SEEKING A GREEN CAREER?: Many people ask me where to find resources to help them figure out their green career path. I belong to a site called GreenCareerCentral.com. Find out more about them at: http://tinyurl.com/c7d2lq
"To love what you do and feel that it matters -
how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
"Work that matters, time to play."
Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this mail
cannot be considered Spam as long as we include contact information and a
remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
mailing list reply with "REMOVE" in the subject heading and your email
address in the body. Include complete address and/or domain/ aliases to be
removed. If you still get the emails, please call us at the numbers given
Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)
- FW: URGENT NEED--Business Analyst@ Rahway, NJ From: David Pearlstein
- FW: Senior Business Systems Analyst - Princeton, NJ From: David Pearlstein
Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.
Join the CNG LinkedIn Group.
[Link is on the CNG Yahoo! Group home page.]
--- On Fri, 11/18/11, Sindhu Sathya <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
--- On Fri, 11/18/11, Charo DeGorostiza <email@example.com> wrote:
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2017 (11)
- ► 2016 (637)
- ► 2015 (1080)
- ► 2014 (1409)
- ► 2013 (1873)
- ► 2012 (1907)
11/13 - 11/20
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Project Manager Jersey Cit...
- [itroundtable] Belief system
- [CNG] Digest Number 2456
- [itroundtable] Fw: Bus Systems Analyst II - Mt alu...
- [itroundtable] Fw: Project Manager / Business Anal...
- [itroundtable] Fw: Job Opportunity - Security Proj...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2624
- [WNO] Digest Number 1049
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Config App Spclst - NY - to ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - Agile - NJ - to 95k
- [CNG] Digest Number 2455
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 778
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2623
- [WNO] Digest Number 1048
- [itroundtable] Fwd: [GHM] [GHM-YP] EXTRA 11-17-11
- [itroundtable] Fw: Job Opportunity - Verizon Wirel...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 777
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2622
- [WNO] Digest Number 1047
- [itroundtable] Desktop Engineer/PC Desktop Supppor...
- [itroundtable] Open IT Positions - Philadelphia, P...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2454
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2621
- [WNO] Digest Number 1046
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Lead Eng - Lotus Notes - INS...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 776
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2620
- [WNO] Digest Number 1045
- [itroundtable] Associate Director of Regulatory & ...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2453[1 Attachment]
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 775[1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Last Chance: 11/15 NYSPIN: Max...
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 709
- [WNO] Digest Number 1044
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 774
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2619
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 708
- [WNO] Digest Number 1043
- ▼ 11/13 - 11/20 (38)
- ► 2010 (2984)
- ► 2009 (1387)