The Westchester Networking Organization (WNO) invites you to our monthly meeting on Monday, August 19, 2013 at the Croton On Hudson Free Library,
· Andrew Tarvin will present “The Funny Thing About Transition: How to Use Humor to Enhance Your Job Search”.
· A door prize drawing for a copy of Andrew Tarvin’s book, “Humor That Works: 501 Ways to Use Humor to Beat Stress, Increase Productivity, and Have Fun”.
· Light refreshments, courtesy of
· The WNO Career Doctor is in. Plan to visit with independent career coach Linsey Levine, who will offer brief, professional one-on-one advisory sessions.
If you plan on coming, our meetings are free, but you must register at http://wno20130819.eventbrite.com. Should you discover you will be unable to attend, extend your apologies by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can open our doors to others.
Get the most from WNO meetings:
- Bring your business cards.
- Bring your resume or marketing plan to review with Linsey.
- You are always making an impression. Business casual is expected.
- If you are not already a member, join our Yahoo Group http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Westchester_Networking_Organization.
- After the meeting, new members will receive an invitation to join our LinkedIn group.
August 19, 2013 – Agenda:
6:00 pm -7:00 pm: Open networking
7:00 pm -7:10 pm: Greetings and general announcements
7:10 pm -8:25 pm: Andrew Tarvin to Present “The Funny Thing About Transition”.
8:26 pm -8:27 pm: Door prize awarded
8:27 pm -8:45 pm: Open networking
8:45 pm:-Meeting ends
In this interactive session, Andrew will teach you how to use humor to enhance your job search. You'll learn how humor can help you stand out from the crowd, keep your perspective during difficult times, and make the process more fun. You'll also learn how to use humor positively and productively starting immediately. Oh, and you'll have some fun too.
Andrew Tarvin is an award-winning speaker, trainer, author and coach. Through his company, Humor That Works, he teaches individuals and organizations how to use humor to be more effective, more productive and more awesome.
He is the author of 4 books, including Humor That Works: 501 Ways to Use Humor to Beat Stress, Increase Productivity and Have Fun at Work. He has also written more than 400+ posts on business topics such as humor, relationships and productivity, garnering more than 1.1 million page views from 180 countries.
Andrew is a proven businessperson and engineer, having delivered exceptional results at companies large and small. Prior to starting Humor That Works, Andrew was a global project manager at Procter & Gamble where he successfully led initiatives for a $350 million business. It was there that he developed, tested, and refined many of the examples in this book so you know it is not just fluff, these ways actually work.
He also loves the color orange and is obsessed with milkshakes. For more, visit HumorThatWorks.com.
For more information on coaching, contact email@example.com.
Secure your seat. Register at http://wno20130819.eventbrite.com. Walk-ins are welcome on a non-guaranteed first-come, first-served basis and must fill in a registration form at the front desk as well as present a business card.
We have a new website, please take a moment and sneak a peek at http://wno.weebly.com. Be sure to check out what’s happening at our upcoming events.
|Reply via web post||Reply to sender||Reply to group||Start a New Topic||Messages in this topic (1)|