From Windmill Networking (Neal Schaffer): there are 3 main links, and each
has many inside links. Take a look at the comments.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
SAVE THE DATE
Recruiter Night Out
Raffle of 2 Amex Cards --- Razzino Associates
On Tuesday evening, September 15th, MIS Network Associates (MNA), IT-Networking, the
- Corporate: TBD
- Contingency: Janelle Razzino – Razzino Associates
- Consulting: Vedant Pathak --
- Consulting: Joe McCormick – Clark Davis
The panel will be moderated by Bill Belknap – Performance Leadership.
Bill Belknap has thirty years of senior management and human resources experience in a variety of industries including: high tech, medical cost containment, consumer products, office products and financial services.
Fifteen years ago he co-founded Performance Leadership, a management-consulti
He is a certified Five O'Clock Club Career Coach and this year The Five O'Clock Club published his first book, For Executives Only…Applying Business Techniques to Your Job Search.
On the personal side Bill is an amateur magician and fitness enthusiast; he has completed over 20
Triathlons. He is a graduate of
Unedited questions for the panel are included below. These questions are subject to editing until Friday, September 11th, when the final list will be published electronically to the previous recipients. Please return your comments on the questions to John Sampson at jcsspike@yahoo.
The schedule for the dinner meeting on September 15th will be:
The informal networking groups are so helpful in networking that we will do the "speed dating" again on the 15th before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal "dates" consist of up to 4 people and last for 5 to 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes, the groups break up and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for your "speed dating" encounters will be provided at the registration desk in case you are at a loss for what to say during these conversations.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 75 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or other appropriate material in a handout for each participant from the dinner.
The cost will be $45 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by
An initial list of attendees will be emailed to all the RSVPs, members of MNA, the
For those attendees who are in transition, three target companies should be included in your RSVP as well as the type of position you seek.
A "final" numbered RSVP list of attendees will be available along with the pre-published questions and an ID badge at the registration desk on the 15th. Your number on the final RSVP list should be part of your introduction: "I'm number x on the RSVP list …". All attendees should have their sharp, crisp, 30 second elevator speech at the ready. Too many "ahs, dees and doeses" will be cut off unceremoniously. Remember, you and your introduction will be between the rest of the attendees and dinner!
A final RSVP list of the actual attendees will be emailed to everyone who participated by September 19th.
We will accept a LIMITED number of walk-ins on the 15th. Anyone who attends on the 15th and whose check has not been received by
Again, bring 75 copies of your bio/resume, leads, or materials you wish to be included in the handout the evening of September 15th.
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt 46 Westbound in Totowa can be found at www.holiday-
Dues are due for MNA Members.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 15th, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Please join us for what always is a well attended evening of lively discussion, great networking opportunities, and a chance to just catch up.
Draft Questions for Recruiters Night Out
(Pls edit these questions appropriately and return the results to John Sampson)
1. What is your perception of the current job market in areas such as demand for IT skills and the number of senior IT positions being filled?
2. Are there any key industries to target?
a. growth industries?
b. specific companies?
3. Do you see or anticipate any additional impact on hiring – in financial services or other - as a result of the subprime mortgage and liquidity crunch?
4. What are the top issues or problems that your clients are trying to solve?
a. most sought after skills?
5. When a client specifies "hands on"
a. do you ask for a clarification / definition?
b. what is your interpretation?
6. What is your/your client's policy regarding references and Social Security numbers up front? Are they required, what should a candidate do when asked for them?
7. How important is it to respond immediately to an ad for one of your positions?
8. What can a person do to differentiate themselves?
9. How important are certifications? Which ones are in the most demand?
10. How and how often should candidates stay in touch with you?
11. Do you Google your candidates and/or use Twitter etc to research candidates?
12. Considering the audience tonight, is there a final piece of advice you would like to offer them about dealing with Recruiters like yourselves?
[itroundtable] From Mike Petronaci at JHeart: Data Center Specialist - 1st Shift Responsibilities Jersey City
Please contact Mike Petronaci directly [michael at jheartusa dot com]
and let him know that I sent you.
http://www.linkedin Data Center Specialist - 1st Shift Responsibilities DESIRED SKILL SETS & POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES · Work schedule flexibility: Normal shift is 8:00am to 5:00pm o 2 x yearly cross-training for 1 week, each shift (2nd & 3rd) - 2 cycles o Possible future change to Tuesday - Saturday shift o Occasional Saturday coverage with adequate comp. time · Excellent Customer Service Skills - Client satisfaction is # 1 priority · Control-M scheduling experience - User level · System/Server monitoring experience - Preferably with HP OpenView - User level · Server Management Knowledge - Wintel 2003 o Wintel services o Error logs research, interpretation, RCA skills, agent installation, patching, configuration changes · Data Protector Familiarity o Able to perform file restores o Data Domain o Bocada Reports · BMS Monitoring · Incident Management Experience - Magic Software preferred but not required o Incident resolution to problem management escalation, documentation and follow up o Root Cause Analysis skills · Working knowledge of Data Center Environmental Components o HVAC, PDU, UPS, KVM, Cable Panels, Fiber Panels, electrical outlets & types · KVM - Avocent-DSView experience preferred - other comparable software knowledge OK · Microsoft Office suite working knowledge - Excel, Vision, Project, PowerPoint · Excellent writing skills - Documentation, SOP, SOW, RFP, RFI, BRD and process flows · Detail Oriented
Data Center Specialist - 1st Shift Responsibilities
DESIRED SKILL SETS & POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work schedule flexibility: Normal shift is 8:00am to 5:00pm
o 2 x yearly cross-training for 1 week, each shift (2nd & 3rd) - 2 cycles
o Possible future change to Tuesday - Saturday shift
o Occasional Saturday coverage with adequate comp. time
· Excellent Customer Service Skills - Client satisfaction is # 1 priority
· Control-M scheduling experience - User level
· System/Server monitoring experience - Preferably with HP OpenView - User level
· Server Management Knowledge - Wintel 2003
o Wintel services
o Error logs research, interpretation, RCA skills, agent installation, patching, configuration changes
· Data Protector Familiarity
o Able to perform file restores
o Data Domain
o Bocada Reports
· BMS Monitoring
· Incident Management Experience - Magic Software preferred but not required
o Incident resolution to problem management escalation, documentation and follow up
o Root Cause Analysis skills
· Working knowledge of Data Center Environmental Components
o HVAC, PDU, UPS, KVM, Cable Panels, Fiber Panels, electrical outlets & types
· KVM - Avocent-DSView experience preferred - other comparable software knowledge OK
· Microsoft Office suite working knowledge - Excel, Vision, Project, PowerPoint
· Excellent writing skills - Documentation, SOP, SOW, RFP, RFI, BRD and process flows
· Detail Oriented
If you cannot read this message, please click here
Sept 1 No Mtg - Labor Day Holiday
Sept 8th - Tues - Reg Mtg 6 pm - Carnevale Center 10 Lenox Ave Pompton Lakes 07442 Rm 009 - bring 20 copies of resume
Sept 15th Dinner Mtg - Recruiter Night Out - Bill Belknap Moderator - Vedant Pathak APN Consulting - Joe McComick Clark Davis - Janelle Razzino Razzino Associates
Instructional Design Coordinator
Instructional Design Coordinator (full time)
Office of Distance Education
Mount Saint Mary College
Mount Saint Mary College invites applications for the position of Instructional Design Coordinator to lead the development of fully and blended online courses as well as associated instructor and student supports. The Instructional Design Coordinator will supervise members of an instructional design team, collaborate closely with the faculty (subject matter experts) and academic divisions, and coordinate with relevant College offices in order to meet course and program development goals and objectives and to ensure sufficient supports available to faculty and students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop instructional design procedures and frameworks for course and curriculum development as appropriate to project goals, timeline, and budget
* Lead content writers and multimedia developers and collaborate with subject matter experts to design, develop, evaluate, and refine fully and blended online courses
* Assist the Director in the planning and development of blended online programs
* Ensure the application of appropriate guidelines to online courses and programs in areas such as assistive technologies, accessibility issues, and copyrights
* Develop and teach faculty development courses, workshops, and webinars on online teaching
* Help manage the College's learning management system and synchronous learning platform
* Guide the design and development of multimedia materials (for example, online tutorials, demos, handbooks) for distance education training, supports, and services
* Explore, investigate, analyze, and facilitate the application of emerging technologies for teaching and learning, such as Wikis, blogs, podcasts, and streaming video
* Present and publish work-related practice and findings in professional venues such as journals and conferences
* Master's degree, or the equivalent combination of a bachelor's degree and three years of relevant work experience, in instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum and instruction, or other relevant discipline areas
* Teaching experience at the college or university level
* Experience in developing and delivering online courses and/or training
* Knowledge of instructional design theories and models, online pedagogy, and adult learning theories
* Demonstrated experience with Web and multimedia development using tools such as Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, Premiere, and Captivate
* Demonstrated ability to manage instructional design projects, regularly collaborate with others in a team environment, and work independently on assigned duties with minimal supervision
* Experience with and working knowledge of learning management systems, such as Moodle, WebCT, and Blackboard
* Excellent organization and project management skills and the ability to meet project deadlines
* Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a relevant discipline area
* 3-5 years of instructional design experience in the development of online courses and curricular in higher education settings
* Experience in developing instructional design procedures and frameworks for course and curriculum development as appropriate to project goals, timeline, and budget
* Experience in leading content writers and collaborating with subject matter experts to develop online courses or other distance learning products
* Experience in managing and supporting faculty's use of learning management systems, such as Moodle, Sakai, WebCT, and Blackboard
* Experience in developing faculty training materials, workshops, and programs
* Exceptional customer service in supporting faculty's integration of technology into their courses through individual consultation and/or group training
* Familiarity with assistive technologies, accessibility guidelines, and copyright laws
* Experience with educational applications of emerging technologies, such as videos, podcasts, Wikis, and blogs
* Publications and presentations in professional journals or conferences
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter explaining relevant qualifications and experience, and the contact information of three references to dejobs@msmc.
Dr. Feng Wang, Director of Distance Education
Attn: Instructional Design Coordinator Search
Mount Saint Mary College
330 Powell Avenue
Newburgh, NY 12550-3494
Review of applications begins immediately and continue until the position is filled. Inquiries about the position should be addressed to Dr. Feng Wang at dejobs@msmc.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, tuition waiver, flexible spending accounts, and paid vacation time.
More Information on Mount Saint Mary College
Alicja Lisnow, MSET
Leadership | Training | Sales Operations | Client Services
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (656)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
- ► 2010 (2984)
08/23 - 08/30
- [itroundtable] Fw: LinkedIn: Inviting, Using Linke...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: COMBINED RECRUITER NIGHT ...
- [itroundtable] From Mike Petronaci at JHeart: Data...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: Wkload Opt Lunch - NJ - S...
- [itroundtable] Instructional Design Coordinator - ...
- [WNO] Digest Number 298
- [CNG] Digest Number 1734
- [itroundtable] Salesforce.com Business Analyst - P...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Job Opening Specs for NNJ Lea...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NJ - PMO - Contract
- [itroundtable] LEAD: BA/BI - NYC - to 660/day - 10...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: 3 PM/Sftwr Eng pos - Fin Sv...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Security anal - NJ - 6 mos co...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: Execunet Mtg - Parsippany ...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Simcorp Dimen Cnsltnts - NY ...
- [WNO] Digest Number 297
- [CNG] Digest Number 1733
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Job spec from Susan Egan
- [itroundtable] Beer Theories
- [itroundtable] 4 Month Contract in RI for Sr PM
- [itroundtable] LEAD: OBIEE Devel - CT - to 85/hr ...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: FW: This is the position descr...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NJ - Contract - Big 4 e...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Java Dev - NYC - Fin Svcs
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Proj Coord - NYC - Entertain...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: BA/Fin Sys - NJ - Contract -...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Eng Ntwk - NYC - to 95k
- [itroundtable] BCBSNJ and YMCA Offers Free One-Mon...
- [WNO] Digest Number 296
- [CNG] Digest Number 1732
- [itroundtable] Fwd: FREE Interactive Job-Seeker We...
- [itroundtable] FW: Online Courses! New Links Secti...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Cnsltnt - NJ - contract - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - 6mos contract
- [itroundtable] Full-time Coldfusion Programmer Nee...
- [itroundtable] Minutes for IT Roundtable Meeting o...
- [WNO] Digest Number 295[1 Attachment]
- [CNG] Digest Number 1731
- [itroundtable] FW: Please contact, JoyR
- [itroundtable] **NNJASTD**CareerTransitionGroup**9...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: 6 Days Left to Save 40% at IT’...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: 10 Bank Sys Testers - NYC - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Ntwk Eng - NYC - to 115k
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: BMC Remedy Roadshow - NYC ...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 194[1 Attachment]
- [WNO] Digest Number 294[1 Attachment]
- [CNG] Digest Number 1730
- [itroundtable] Barclays Gold Tournament
- [itroundtable] LEAD: VMS Consltnt - NYC - FX Exper...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: Understanding Biz Continu...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: BA - NYC - Credit Flow -
- [itroundtable] FW: # 04901-Technician-HW-Contract
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Rudeness doesn't work with gat...
- [itroundtable] FW: # 06672-PL/SQL Developer-Contra...
- [itroundtable] Re: .Net/C# with financial services...
- [itroundtable] Re: Sr .NET Developer Job- BONDS OR...
- [itroundtable] Service Technician, EE degree - Cre...
- [itroundtable] IT Roundtable, 8/25/2009, 10:00 am
- [WNO] Digest Number 293
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 366
- [itroundtable] ProIV Programming
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [WNO] Digest Number 292[1 Attachment]
- [CNG] Digest Number 1729
- ▼ 08/23 - 08/30 (64)