Thursday, August 1, 2013

[itroundtable] Digest Number 3045

2 New Messages

Digest #3045
1
Learning SQL by "torpie.stephen" torpie.stephen

Messages

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"torpie.stephen" torpie.stephen

I am trying to teach myself to write SQL in advance of taking an actual course on it. That is, I want to learn and practice as much as I can to be better prepared for the course.

In my career I have managed content and user groups and had extensive interactions with I.T. groups. But I never did any coding myself. I am hoping to remedy that.

The SQL manual I have is from 2005. It is very readable, starts with the fundamentals. And it allows for downloads of test files from a web site to practice on. The site is still live.

My question is what version of SQL should I download to practice on? (I'd rather avoid MS Access). My main choices seem to be: Oracle 11g and MYSQL.

I use an iMac and have found some versions that are both free and iMac friendly.

My iMac is: OS X, version 10.8.4.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Jeff Leichtman" dzeph317




Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:02:20 -0400
From: lawrence.sternbach@dol.state.nj.us
To: jeff.leichtman@live.com
Subject: Product Testers: August 22 (Earn $100 for 4 hours)

PRODUCT TESTERS WANTED ON AUGUST 22
EARN $100 FOR 4 HOURS

PRODUCT TESTERS NEEDED

If you are interested in participating, you must register with the following temp agency:

Sprocket Staffing (Wall area) (800)269-1441 x 708
________________________________________

Air Cruisers Company, the world's leading manufacturer of inflatable survival equipment, will be conducting a jump test (simulated evacuation of an airplane) on Thursday, Aug.22, 2013 from 6:00pm - 10:00pm at our Wall Township NJ facility.

We are looking to recruit people who meet the following criteria:
Weight: Between 130 - 210 lbs.
Age: Between 18 - 59 years old
Health: Must be in relatively fit & healthy condition

Participants must be able to understand & speak English.

Participants must wear sneakers, jeans, and a long-sleeved shirt.

Test subjects cannot have participated in other jump tests within the last year.

Registering:
Test participants will be paid $100.00 (for up to 4 hours of work)
If you are interested in participating, you must register with the following temp agency:

Sprocket Staffing (Wall area) (800)269-1441 x 708


[Insert social links here – select the logos from the toolbar on the left side.]

Forward this email

This email was sent to jeff.leichtman@live.com by lawrence.sternbach@dol.state.nj.us |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.
Monmouth County Workforce Investment Board | 145 Wyckoff Road | Suite 201 | Eatontown | NJ | 07724

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / newyorkitjobs

Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs

Followers

Blog Archive