Project Specialist - New Jersey State Library (Thomas Edison State College)
Working as part of the Information Technology team, manages and maintains LAN hardware and software; resolves day-to-day technical issues; plans for, implements and maintains new technologies; manages technology projects.
Examples of Work
- Perform nightly server backups.
- Troubleshoot server or desktop issues.
- Provide technical support to local users.
- Work in a traditional help-desk environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to work independently and as a valued member of a team.
- Proven ability to balance project work with daily tasks.
- Proven ability to organize and document activities.
- Experience with Windows server (2000 / 2003 / 2008) and desktop (XP, Vista, Windows 7) administration - Active Directory, Exchange Server, Group Policy, WSUS.
- Experience with open source OS administration and web services management - Ubuntu, Apache, MySQL, Sendmail.
- Experience with common network applications and services DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, NFS, SNMP monitoring utilities, Backup utilities, Internet content filtering utilities, Desktop imaging utilities.
- Experience with Dell servers and storage systems. Performance analysis and component failure remediation.
Value added skills:
- Experience with server virtualization - VMware, Hyper-V Server.
- Cisco and general networking experience
Education and Experience: Commensurate with the level of expertise a project demands.
Resumes and Applications for this position will only be accepted online at http://careers.
New Jersey State Library an affiliate of Thomas Edison State College is an Equal Opportunity/
More Information on Thomas Edison State College