|My client Markit (www.markit. com) has a full-time job with full benefits paying up to $120K per year. The opportunity is located in Midtown, New York (40th Street & 8th Ave). Here's the full Job Description:|
The role is based in New York and has responsibility for daily support of all mission-critical systems and project deployment within the US region. The candidate will be expected to provide operational excellence as a technical lead for support and administration for storage (HP StorageWorks EVA, P4000, MSA, Sun StorEdge, EMC Clariion), disk administration with Red Hat and Symantec Storage Foundation LVM's, and backup & recovery using Symantec NetBackup and Overland Tape Libraries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibilities include providing daily support and maintenance of all SAN Storage and SAN switch components across the US region, with similar secondary/backup responsibilities for similar systems internationally.
- Self manage and proactively support SAN environments: monitoring (HP SIM), capacity planning, troubleshooting, administration, report generation & patch management.
- Support and manage HP Proliant Servers (EVA Management systems), Redhat Linux, MS Windows Server, VMWare
- Offer strong technical depth and breadth in HP, Sun, and EMC storage products; EVA, MSA, P4000 (LeftHand iSCSI SAN), Sun StorEdge 3500/6400, Sun A5200, EMC Clariion CX340)
- Provide technical knowledge of Brocade "B" Series Switches and SAN zoning skills.
- Configure and administer NetBackup master server, Linux and Windows backup clients and FC Tape Libraries (Overland Neo 4000 & 2000)
- Maintain and manage fault call logging, hardware & software maintenance contracts, SAN documentation and diagrams.
- Provide technical knowledge of HP storage management tools including HP Storage Essentials, HP SIM, Brocade SAN Health etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- SAN Storage administration experience (10 years minimum admin experience)
- Strong technical depth and breadth in HP SAN Storage hardware and software. (StorageWorks EVA , MSA, P4000 (LeftHand iSCSI SAN)
- Strong technical knowledge in Fiber Channel and iSCSI technologies.
- Good technical knowledge in Red Hat Linux and Symantec Storage Foundation LVM's.
- Good technical knowledge of Symantec NetBackup and Overland Neo4000 & 2000 Tape Libraries.
- Good technical knowledge in Brocade SAN Switches and SAN zoning skills.
- Good technical understanding of storage replication technologies and the configuration of multisite storage systems.
- Good technical knowledge of HP storage management tools including HP Storage Essentials, HP SIM, and Brocade SAN Health etc.
- Working knowledge of the MS Office suite; MS Windows Server & Active Directory; RedHat Linux
- Hardware: HP, Brocade and Sun, EMC Clariion
- VMware ESX platform management
- Storage and backup solution design skills specifying HP StorageWorks and Symantec Netbackup. Knowledge of Sun StorEdge and EMC Clariion storage a plus.
- Data Centre storage hardware build experience.
- Maintenance contract management and hardware purchasing experience.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills to prioritise and execute various concurrent streams of work.
An experienced storage professional who can take the initiative and be responsible for the delivery of solutions and support.
- Excellent communication skills with peers and senior management.
- Must be able to be effective at coordinating & communicating amongst team peers and product teams across time zones globally.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reply and/or send an email with your resume to recruiting@intrigue sys.com. Please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you.
If this isn't the role you had been hoping for, but you or people in your professional network are looking for new opportunities, let me know! OR forward this email with my contact information to your network.
Intrigue Systems, Inc.
7211 Austin Street #259
Forest Hills, N.Y. 11375
+;1 800.809.0318 Main
+;1 917.699.3376 Mobile
+;1 718.841.7091 Fax
MIS Ntwk Assoc Mtg Dates:
May 4th - Tues - Dinner Mtg - Holiday Inn Totowa - Ed Steinberg - LinkedIn 301
May 11th - Tues - Bring 20 copies of your resume - 6 pm - NEW LOCATION - BERMAN LARSON KANE 12 Route 17 North, Suite 209 Paramus, New Jersey 07652 - Do not use GPS - go to BLK site for directions - 201.909.0906 - plan to have dinner with us afterwards
June 1 No mtg
June 29th - Recruiter Night Out Dinner mtg - Joe Gadino CSC Moderator
Messages in this topic (2)