POSITION: Regional Network Manager
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology/Network Group
REPORTS TO: VP, Director of Operations
The Regional Network Manager is responsible for all aspects of the company's voice and data communications in a matrix relationship with the Customer Service & IT Management Team. The Regional Network Manager will work closely with the Regional Director of Operations and Global Network Manager to prioritize and balance workload, and closely with the IT Management Team on developing and integrating technology standards and procedures. He or she will manage technical support staff, and plan and budget for voice, data, and security projects according to the company's budget cycle. This commitment will be filled through the development and fulfillment of an operational level agreement (OLA).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Mentor/guide/supervise/develop/hire technical support staff.
· Identify and budget for staff training
· Build team environment and ensure the success of the team.
· Ensure regular, consistent, effective communication to IT management team, agency management team, and employees as appropriate.
· Perform regular management duties (personnel reviews, interviews of new candidates, time management, etc.)
· Perform asset management/reporting and planning and budgeting tasks
· Actively utilize shared Xxxxx Media Americas IT support systems (e.g. purchase order system, Help Desk system, Knowledge Base, etc.)
· Evaluate business requirements for systems; formulate and recommend solutions. Manage projects to completion ensuring proper written task plan, budget, resources, documentation, etc. are in place.
· Be technically capable to manage, operate, and administer most systems hands-on in the areas of responsibility
· Design/plan/budget/manage ongoing virtual private network consisting over DIA, IPsecVPN, IPVPN/MPLS and WLAN. The components of this include but are not limited to: a technical design, a budget, internal support procedures, an
· Manage enterprise-wide communications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: ongoing maintenance of voice and data circuit inventory, , system diagrams and documentation, and planning and budgeting for new installations.
· Develop and publish standards for local area networking, including but not limited to TCP/IP address allocation, hardware and software standards, VLAN configurations, wireless network practices and standards, etc.
· Design, develop, publish standards for and administer remote access devices including but not limited to Swivel PINsafe, SSL-VPN, and other future remote access methods.
· Select, document, implement, and utilize a standard utility toolset that enables problem diagnosis, monitoring and alerting, trouble-ticketing, inventory, and project management.
· Develop and publish standards for information security (scope to be defined in conjunction with Director or Operations). Conduct regular security audits and advise IT Management Team on problem remediation. Remain alert, aware, and vigilant regarding current security issues.
· Identify new technologies that will benefit the company
· Minimum 5 years of relevant networking experience
· Four year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience required.
· Cisco/Juniper Certifications a plus
· High performance attitude – shows sense of urgency, a strong competitive bent, takes personal accountability in building departmental credibility and reputation. Sets high performance standards and ensures team members meet or exceed departmental standards.
· Progressive IT project management experience, leading teams in full lifecycle implementation projects of large-scale enterprise applications with direct responsibility for project-level budget, staff and schedule performance
· Mastery of the following technologies: Cisco routing and multi-layer switching, Cisco Wireless (WLC/WCS) Juniper Firewall (ScreenOS/Junos), Juniper EX Switching, Swivel PINsafe and Juniper SSL-VPN
· Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels within the organization through cooperation, organization and communication
· Expert knowledge of our stated technical environment
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
· Excellent Microsoft Office and Visio skills
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
· Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, assertive, and results-driven
· Comprehensive networking knowledge with experience in recommending, installing, and managing all aspects of TCP/IP networking in a mixed Windows, Macintosh, and Linux environment
· Proven expertise in building relationships and maintaining confidentiality with regard to professional relationships
· Works well as part of a team and interacts well with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to team and company
· Conducts business with respect for others at all levels of the organization
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
MIS Ntwk Assoc Mtg Dates:
May 8th - Tues Reg Mtg - 6 pm - Berman Larson Kane Offices, Paramus - DO NOT use GPS for directions. Get dir from BLK site - Bring 15 copies of your resume
June 5th Dinner Mtg - Abby Kohut - Subject TBD
Friday, May 11, 2012
[itroundtable] LEAD - REPOST - Regional Ntwk Mgr - NYC - to 130k
Messages in this topic (1)
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 11:18 AM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (673)
05/06 - 05/13
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2767
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 905
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 776
- [WNO] Digest Number 1211
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Six great IT articles you may ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PMO Mgr - NJ - 6 + mos gig
- [CNG] Digest Number 2599
- [WNO] Digest Number 1210
- [itroundtable] 5 LinkedIn Features You May Not (Bu...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Requirement for Business Anal...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Tech Writer - NJ - 3 + mos g...
- [itroundtable] LEAD - REPOST - Regional Ntwk Mgr -...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Regional Ntwk Mgr - NJ - to ...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: COMBINED DINNER MTG - TUE...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2766
- [itroundtable] Yahoo Groups: How to change your em...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Requirement for PMO Analyst -...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 904
- [itroundtable] Fwd: 12 Facts About Body Language Y...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2598
- [WNO] Digest Number 1209
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Networking question - Super Co...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2765
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Requirement for ETL Developer...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 903[1 Attachment]
- [CNG] Digest Number 2597
- [WNO] Digest Number 1208
- [itroundtable] | TCN | Wednesday, May 23, 7-9pm: T...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Requirement for Oracle Develo...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Invite to NYC P.M. Networking ...
- [itroundtable] IT Roundtable Meeting - Parsippany...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Technical Writer position at ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2764
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr BA - NJ - 6 mos gig - IT ...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 902
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 775
- [WNO] Digest Number 1207[1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] LEAD: SQL DBA - PA - to 63/hr C2C
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Operational Risk Mgr - NYC -...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Ntwk Eng - NYC - to 90k + Bo...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2763
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Java Devel - NYC - Fin Svcs
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Infra PM - NJ - ARCHER/OSP -...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 901
- [WNO] Digest Number 1206
- [CNG] Digest Number 2596
- [WNO] Digest Number 1205
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Position for IT Procurement p...
- [itroundtable] 6 Tech Jobs in NJ
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2762
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 900
- [CNG] Digest Number 2595
- [WNO] Digest Number 1204
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Storage Eng - NYC - to 14...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 899
- [CNG] Digest Number 2594[2 Attachments]
- [WNO] Digest Number 1203
- ▼ 05/06 - 05/13 (57)
- ► 2011 (2690)
- ► 2010 (2984)
- ► 2009 (1387)