Sunday, February 26, 2012

[itroundtable] Fwd: "Choose Work That Fits Your Nature"

 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Hound" <contact@hound.com>
Date: Feb 25, 2012 10:21 PM
Subject: "Choose Work That Fits Your Nature"
To: "Peter" <lutzpf@gmail.com>

To ensure prompt delivery, add contact@hound.com to your safe senders list in your address book.
If you are not able to view this email, click here.
Hound Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Connect Us on LinkedIn

Search Jobs Direct from Employer Career Pages

Choose Work That Fits Your Nature

For as long as I can remember, I have always sat in an office with someone else. For me, this is a useful way to work because various things come up throughout the day and as these issues come up, I want to ensure that I have someone to bounce ideas off of.

I have shared offices with all sorts of people throughout the years. I once shared an office with a guy who was an extremely loud typist. He would bang on the keyboard all day long. He was also very loud when he spoke on the phone, and when he was done speaking, he would always slam the phone down. When he was not on the phone or typing loudly, he would be sighing, putting his head to his hands, and getting all uptight about something. He did this for practically every e-mail and letter he opened. When he would get up from his chair, he would aggressively push his chair back toward his desk. He would open sodas all day long and loudly slurp them down. In addition, he ate small snacks all day long and frequently got up to eat them.

There was nothing wrong with this guy. In fact, he was very successful back then and he is still very successful today. Nevertheless, I hated working with him.

At first, I tried to change him:

  • I ordered him an expensive "silent" keyboard from some weird store online....
more...

Set the Rules for Your Life

Several years ago, I was on the island of Kauai in a very small, out–of–the–way restaurant with my wife. We had driven to one of the more remote areas of the island far away from the resort where we were staying.

Seated at a table not too far from us was a group of four or five couples with young children. The children were wearing soccer shoes and the parents all seemed very familiar with one another. As I listened, I could tell that a few of the people at the table had New York accents. Since they were so close to us, we could overhear their conversations and it was clear the people were "local" and had probably moved to Kauai from somewhere else...

more...


Never Try to Be Someone Different from Who You Are

A few years ago, the Dean of the law school I attended took me out to lunch. He was in town because his son was attending a math camp. He told me his son absolutely...
more...

Being in the Zone

Nothing is more important to success in your career and life than being in the zone. The problem with most people, however, is that they are not in the zone; instead, the...
more...

Job Hopping: It Is Always About You

Many people's careers and lives are often held back by one small thing.

You might also be holding yourself back in your career, but if you can fix this one small...
more...

You Need to Pay the Cost

I have been working since the time I was around 9 years old. When I was 9 years old, I wrote my age down illegibly on an employment application so that I could get a job ...
more...

Success Requires Ignoring Group Norms

When I started legal recruiting, within a few months of starting the business, I met a man who was one of the founders of the dominant legal recruiters association...
more...
RECOGNITIONS
  • Hound rated as one of the Top 20 Best Job Search Sites by PC Magazine.

  • Hound ranked as the #1 Job Site by Applicant.com.

  • Hound amongst the 10 Best Online Job Search Sites says geeksugar.com.
  • Hound recommended as one of the Top 10 job websites for job seekers by Quintessential Careers.
Post Your Resume to 60+ Job Sites Instantly
Contact Every Recruiter in Your Niche Instantly
Get Your Resume Redone Now
Job Search Coaching

For further communication, please contact:
Hound
202 S Lake Ave, Unit 250
Pasadena, CA 91101.

Copyright © 2012 Hound. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
If you no longer wish to receive this mail in future: unsubscribe here

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / newyorkitjobs

Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs

Followers

Blog Archive