Save The Date
COMBINED DINNER MEETING
Managing the First Impression
On Tuesday evening, January 31st, there will be a combined dinner meeting for current members, alumni, and guests of IT-Networking, MIS Network Associates (MNA), Monmouth Networking, The Breakfast Club NJ (TBCNJ), ETP Network, and Careers in Transition (CIT) at the Holiday Inn,
The dinner meeting will include a presentation by Linda Trignano – Managing the First Impression.
In a difficult job market, interviews are a very precious commodity. I hope we can all agree that critical impressions are formed in the first few seconds of a face-to-face interview. The way you look is a substantial part of the interviewer's impression based on how you are dressed, how you speak and how you sound. Is your appearance at interviews a positive, a negative, or a neutral attribute to your efforts to secure a job? How about a professional opinion? Executive coach and career consultant Linda Trignano will provide some insight into "Dressing for the Successful Interview"-- attire, grooming, accessories, and more. You should be up for the challenge and come to the meeting dressed as you would for an interview. A few audience volunteers (both male and female) will be offered the opportunity to have their interview attire discussed and constructively critiqued by Linda as well as the audience based on the information shared during the evening.
Linda Trignano's consulting firm, Trignano Consulting, find her at: www.lindatrignano.com helps individuals and business groups find their potential through change. Linda has spent over 24 years facilitating and working with teams and individuals. As a career coach, she helps her clients identify their career goal and find their dream job. Utilizing her expertise and knowledge as a former corporate recruiter with AT&T, she understands what employers are looking for in a candidate. One area of specialty for Linda includes preparing her clients to shine in the job interview.
The schedule for the dinner meeting on January 31st will be:
- 6:45 to 7:15 -- Individual introductions with RSVP list reference – see below
Following our usual meeting format, after you have registered and added your resume, etc. to the handout piles, everyone will participate in a series of informal networking groups i.e. "speed dating", before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal groups last for approximately 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes, the groups disperse, and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for the groupings will be provided at the registration desk.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 50 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or other appropriate material in a handout from the dinner.
The cost will be $30 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by COB on January 20th at 2 Blackfoot Cir, Wayne NJ 07470. Checks should be made out to John. He can be reached at 973-248-3251. John's email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations can also be made through Lizanne Fiorentino at email@example.com.
An RSVP list of attendees will be created and used to facilitate your networking activity. Current or last work affiliation, email address, and membership organization should be included in your RSVP. If you are in transition, please include the names of three target companies and the kind of position(s) you are seeking. If you are currently employed, you should provide the name of your last three employers. The preliminary RSVP will be distributed to the recipients of the initial mailing of this announcement and to all those on the list the week end before the dinner meeting for editing and informational purposes. A "final" numbered RSVP list will be available at the registration desk on the 31st and can be used as part of your general introduction …"I'm # x on the RSVP list". Your number will also appear on your name badge which will be available at the registration desk on the 6th.
Since there will be walk-ins on the 31st, the final RSVP list will be emailed to the attendees as quickly as possible after February 3rd.
The cost of the dinner meeting will be $45 after COB on Jan 20th and before January 31st. We will accept a LIMITED number of walk-ins on January 31st. Their cost will be $60 without exception as well as for RSVP's whose checks have not been received by COB on January 30th. There will be NO refunds and no shows WILL be billed.
Again, attendees should bring 50 copies of their bio/resume, leads or materials they wish to be included in the handout for the evening of January 31st.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 31st, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt. 46 Westbound in Totowa Park can be found at www.holiday-inn.com/totowanj Traffic congestion at rush hour is substantial on Rt 46, so you should allow an extra half hour to get to the Holiday Inn on the 31st.
Please join us for an evening of improving your attempts to build your personal network, great networking opportunities, and/or a chance to just catch up. Everyone should remember to wear their interview suit.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
[itroundtable] GENERAL: COMBINED DINNER MTG - TUES JAN 31 - MANAGING THE FIRST IMPRESSION
Messages in this topic (1)
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 6:32 AM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (791)
- ► 2012 (1933)
12/25 - 01/01
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: COMBINED DINNER MTG - TUE...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 805
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2662
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 726
- [WNO] Digest Number 1084
- [itroundtable] Best Wishes for Success and Landing...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2485
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Windows Tech - Princeton Are...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Java - J2EE Devel - CT - to...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Valuation jobs - NJ - Fin R...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: DC Infra Sales - NY Metro - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: WebSphere consult - NYC - 3 ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Peoplesoft Devel - NY - t...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Peoplesoft Devel - NY - to 9...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr PM - NJ - to 140k - Bank
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2661
- [itroundtable] LEAD: IT Del Mgr - NJ - to140k - F...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: IT Consultants - EMC - Arch...
- [WNO] Digest Number 1083
- [CNG] Digest Number 2484
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 804
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2660
- [WNO] Digest Number 1082[1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - 12mos gig - PA - J & J ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Devel - Web Apps - NJ - t...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NJ - Fin SVCS - Contrac...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: VP DC Operations - NJ - to 1...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2483
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 803[2 Attachments]
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2659
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 725
- [WNO] Digest Number 1081
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr UI Eng - NY - to 150k
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Order Mgmt BA Equities - to ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2658
- [itroundtable] Re: DeVry IT Work Group, 12/27/2011...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 802
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2657
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 724
- [itroundtable] DeVry IT Work Group, 12/27/2011, 10...
- [WNO] Digest Number 1080
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: Free Campaigning Advice 1...
- ▼ 12/25 - 01/01 (42)
- ► 2010 (2984)
- ► 2009 (1387)