Sunday, April 1, 2012

[CNG] Digest Number 2565

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

Message

1.

Article: How being Desperate and Unprepared Killed My Job Interview

Posted by: "Eric Nilsson" ericnilsson@earthlink.net   norsemantechnology

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:20 pm (PDT)



How being Desperate and Unprepared Killed My Job Interview

By Luke Roney, CareerBliss Editor on March 8, 2012

_____

I knew, as it was happening, that the job interview was going badly. The guy
asking the questions - the managing editor at a mid-size Southern California
daily - had lost interest in me quickly. He put his feet up on his desk and
began eating his lunch.

I sat wordlessly as he ate. The crunch of teeth tearing through lettuce was
the only sound in his closet of an office.

Finally the city editor, at that point unaware of my poor showing, came and
got me. He led me to a computer for a writing test. Then he headed back to
the managing editor's office.

The time limit on the writing exercise was 20 minutes. I finished and
waited.

And waited.

Nearly an hour later, the city editor returned.

"Oh," he said. "You're still here?"

See Luke's answer here:
http://www.careerbliss.com/advice/how-being-desperate-and-unprepared-killed-
my-job-interview/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Put your Career Networking Group network to work ...
Join the CNG LinkedIn Group.
[Link is on the CNG Yahoo! Group home page.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / newyorkitjobs

Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs

Followers

Blog Archive