|Subject: Business IT Partner - NYU Medical Center - Midtown NYC |
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Clinical Business-IT Director will be first and foremost accountable for realizing the business value potential of information technology within the clinical mission of the medical center. To this end they are responsible for:
1. Ensuring alignment between the clinical mission and IT strategic direction
Work with the clinical leadership, Epic implementation and design team, clinical informatics and IT leadership to define the strategic IT direction for the clinical mission consistent with Enterprise IT strategy, architecture, standards and business-IT principles. Look for enterprise-wide opportunities for IT to create value for NYULMC.
2. Managing the relationships between clinical, enterprise and MCIT/Epic
Communicating the needs of the Clinical Enterprise to MCIT/Epic; facilitating the development of business cases supporting clinical IT initiative, (including problem definition, potential benefits, initial scope and cost estimates); advocating for successful execution of key business-IT programs within the clinical mission.
3. Product Management oversight within the clinical mission
Conceiving solutions within the context of Epic as the enterprise clinical and revenue cycle system and NYULMC enterprise architecture to optimize IT investments and return on assets for NYULMC; working with MCIT/Epic shared IT services organization and abiding by the MCIT Operating Policies, Procedures, and Process to ensure efficient, consistent, secure, interoperable and quality delivery of IT-enabled business solutions.
The Clinical Business-IT Director will work directly with both clinical mission and MCIT leadership and Epic teams. The position reports directly to the Chief of Hospital Operations and Chief Information Officer. The Clinical Business-IT Director will help Project Managers develop project plans, secure needed resources, detect any signs of material variance from those plans, and resolve issues outside the control of individual projects. This position will also ensure that the system will meet the business expectations and be well documented and supported.
The Clinical Business-IT Director is a strategist, business manager, and evangelist for information technology. As a strategist, the Clinical Business-IT Director will help the clinical Leadership Team discover justifying value for IT initiatives, collaborate to develop strategic timelines, and help with overall budget and resource requirements. As a business manager, the Business-IT partner will become familiar with all aspects of the clinical enterprise, Epic as the clinical workflow engine, and its usage. As an evangelist, the Clinical Business-IT Director will promote the strategic value of IT, maintain day-to-day communication with all teams, and bring transparency to business value as it is measured and realized.
II. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leadership: An active leader, representing the interests of the clinical mission to MCIT/Epic and MCIT/Epic to the clinical enterprise. He or she is responsible for creating business-IT partnerships that optimize the value of information technology for the NYULMC. The Clinical Business-IT Director ensures that business strategy exploits IT potential and that the MCIT strategy aligns with the domain's business strategy. The ideal candidate has both prior experience with healthcare delivery and information technology management.
· Communication: A large aspect of this leadership role is communicating and setting expectations with the business leaders and MCIT/Epic. The ideal candidate will be experienced with healthcare technology and IT Operating Models, IT Governance, and IT Processes.
o Communicates project and program status to sponsors and stakeholders including reasons why they are succeeding or failing.
o Assists Program sponsors in establishing desired business outcomes and value justifications
o Facilitates collaboration and decision making between sponsors and departments
· Management: The Clinical Business-IT Director is responsible for providing oversight to all project managers running projects associated with the Program. This includes:
III. KEY IT COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
· Drives Value Realization:
o Understands the economic model of the business and demonstrates fiscal responsibility and accountability when planning for and managing a financial plan/budget, including total delivered cost
o Knows, understands and articulates the business value and cost of IT services and activities; understands and delivers ROI
o Delivers business value as indicated by understanding, aligning, and measuring work against annual corporate goals and strategies (e.g., the IT scorecard)
· Aligns IT with the Business:
o Understands how other functions, IT systems and processes work together to create business value;
o Understands IT and business strategies and aligns solutions, projects, services, and approaches accordingly
o Able to identify issues and opportunities that need to be addressed in the long and short term; allocates resources appropriately to identify and resolve key issues, problems, and challenges.
· Manages Relationships:
o Viewed by business leaders as a proactive partner in finding the right solutions to business needs;
o Actively engages key stakeholders in regular dialogue about business needs, opportunities, requirements, and expectations; holds stakeholders accountable for their role
o Provides methods and tolls to measure stakeholder satisfaction
· Develops and Integrates Applications:
o Understands and uses the enterprise's selected methodology, principles, standards, and tools
o Plans for and designs optimal, cost effective applications
o Delivers robust, efficient, effective, high quality client and IT applications
· Manages Organizational Change:
o Acts as a catalyst for change in the context of the business
o By collaborating with others is able to identify opportunities for improvement in the business and/or IT performance
· Manages Projects:
o Able to effectively organize, staff and perform project based work so that projects are completed on time and within budget;
o Ensures that outcomes deliver against established expectations and delight of the customer
o Contributes to the improvement of the project management discipline
· Has a Process Orientation:
o Understands how process optimization can benefit the business;
o Able to document, analyze and design business processes to achieve desired quality, efficiency, engagement and cost
o Delivers business benefit thought process optimization
· Manages IT Assets:
o Exhibits awareness of and practices management of the business value of hardware, software, and other IT technical resources;
o Ensures compliance to contractual obligations
IV. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The minimum professional and educational background required:
Monday, April 2, 2012
[itroundtable] LEAD: Bus IT Partner - NY - NYU Med Center
Messages in this topic (1)
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 2:02 PM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (673)
04/01 - 04/08
- [itroundtable] David Volkman to Present "Effective...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2740
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 878[2 Attachments]
- [WNO] Digest Number 1172
- [CNG] Digest Number 2570
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Exec Dir - BI/Cust Intell - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NJ - Bank - to 70/hr W2...
- [CNG] Digest Number 2569[2 Attachments]
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 877
- [WNO] Digest Number 1171[1 Attachment]
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 767
- [CNG] Digest Number 2568
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2739[1 Attachment]
- [itroundtable] FW: Rockland Job Network meeting-Ap...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 876
- [WNO] Digest Number 1170
- [itroundtable] NNJ ASTD - Career Trans SIG – 04.12...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Requirement at UBS - Valuatio...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Lead Devel - NYC - ASP .Net/...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Bank VP - Auditor - NYC - to...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM for SAP Glbl Tax - NYC - ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2738
- [CNG] Digest Number 2566
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Bus IT Partner - NY - NYU Me...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Dir Hlth Info Exch - NYC - N...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 875
- [the_ny-metro_job_searchers_group] Digest Number 1...
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 874
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 766
- [CNG] Digest Number 2565
- ▼ 04/01 - 04/08 (30)
- ► 2011 (2690)
- ► 2010 (2984)
- ► 2009 (1387)