COMBINED DINNER MEETING
On Tuesday evening, February 9th, there will be a combined dinner meeting for current members, alumni, and guests of Association of Women in Computing (
The dinner meeting will include a presentation by Rod Colón on his
Networking is having resources at your disposal—people that you can call on to connect you to companies, individuals or information that you need to turn a "cold call" into a "warm call." How do you develop such resources whether in transition or not? On the 9th, Rod Colón, who has a real passion for networking, will tell you how.
ETP Network Founder and CEO Rod Colón has a unique perspective on what it takes to succeed in today's global economy. Rod shares his 24 years of experience as a corporate HR management insider, outside agency recruiter, professional networker, and career coach through a unique, common sense approach to networking and career management. His in-depth knowledge of international staffing, recruiting, and networking gives Rod a unique ability to coach and consult today's professionals regarding the building and maintenance of their personal networks.
Rod uses his passion, energy, enthusiasm, and creativity to support others. He coaches professionals in the art of leveraging relationships that maximizes personal networking opportunities. Rod has also taken this hand-on approach to corporations that recognize that an organization's bottom line success requires professionals to leverage internal and external networks. Mastering the skills and techniques to effectively utilize these networks is critical and essential to the success of both the professional and their organization.
One of Rod's passions is teaching at
Rod has been featured in Princeton Review, and has received numerous awards and recognition. Rod is a graduate
The schedule for the dinner meeting on February 9th will be:
Following our usual meeting format, after you have registered and added your resume, etc. to the handout piles, everyone will participate in a series of informal networking groups i.e. "speed dating", before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal groups last for approximately 5 minutes. At the end of the 5 minutes, the groups disperse, and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for the groupings will be provided at the registration desk.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 50 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or other appropriate material in a handout from the dinner.
The cost will be $45 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by
An RSVP list of attendees will be created and used to facilitate your networking activity. Current or last work affiliation, email address, and membership organization should be included in your RSVP. If you are in transition, please include the names of three target companies and the kind of position(s) you are seeking. If you are currently employed, you should provide the name of your last three employers. The preliminary RSVP will be distributed to the recipients of the initial mailing of this announcement and to all those on the list the week end before the dinner meeting for editing and informational purposes. A "final" numbered RSVP list will be available at the registration desk on the 9th and can be used as part of your general introduction …"I'm # x on the RSVP list".
Since there will be walk-ins on the 9th, the final RSVP list will be emailed to the attendees as quickly as possible after the 13th. A #ed RSVP list will also appear on your name badge which will be available at the registration desk on the 26th.
We will accept a LIMITED number of walk-ins on February 9th. Their cost will be $60 without exception as well as for RSVP's whose checks have not been received by
Again, attendees should bring 50 copies of their bio/resume, leads or materials they wish to be included in the handout for the evening of February 9th.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 9th, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt. 46 Westbound in Totowa Park can be found at www.holiday-
Please join us for an evening of improving your attempts to build your personal network, great networking opportunities, and/or a chance to just catch up. Everyone should remember that personal networks are important whether in or out of transition.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
[itroundtable] FINAL REMINDER: COMBINED DINNER MTG - TUES 2/9 - ROD COLON - ETP NTWK
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 9:03 AM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (796)
- ► 2012 (1933)
- ► 2011 (2690)
02/07 - 02/14
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2050
- [itroundtable] Product Manager for Leading Manufac...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1896
- [WNO] Digest Number 458
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 438
- [itroundtable] SENIOR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Unix Admin. - Secaucus, NJ
- [itroundtable] A Strategic View on ECM and Microso...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2049
- [CNG] Digest Number 1895
- [WNO] Digest Number 457
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 437
- [itroundtable] Director of Technology Services NYC...
- [itroundtable] VP IT Infrastructure Wilmington DE
- [itroundtable] VP IT Support Services Wilmington D...
- [itroundtable] Fw: A contract position in NYC - kn...
- [itroundtable] Complimentary invite to HP's Realiz...
- [itroundtable] Westchester Networking Organization...
- [itroundtable] IT Roundtable Meeting - February 17...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2048
- [CNG] Digest Number 1894[1 Attachment]
- [WNO] Digest Number 456
- [itroundtable] RPO MSP Human Capital Management So...
- [itroundtable] Monday, February 22, 7-9pm: TCN / T...
- [itroundtable] FW: Interview at the BioSpace Caree...
- [itroundtable] Positions listed on IEEE
- [itroundtable] Bloomberg is hiring application dev...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2047
- [CNG] Digest Number 1893
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 309
- [WNO] Digest Number 455
- Re: [itroundtable] Sr BA - COntact Recruiter
- [itroundtable] Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint i...
- [itroundtable] Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint i...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Eqty Deriv Flow Supp - NYC -...
- [itroundtable] NYExUG - Feburary Meeting Announcem...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Reg: BladeLogic & Microstrateg...
- [itroundtable] **NNJ ASTD Career Transition**02/11...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Mgr On Line Analytics - M...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2046
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: CIO Summit on Virt Dsktp ...
- [CNG] Digest Number 1892[1 Attachment]
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 308
- [WNO] Digest Number 454
- [itroundtable] Sr BA - COntact Recruiter
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Senior Linux System Administra...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Challenging BladeLogic role at...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Network Administrator Position...
- [itroundtable] Fw: Current Openings: Sales Positio...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2045
- [CNG] Digest Number 1891
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 307
- [WNO] Digest Number 453
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 436
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Val Eng - NJ - 9 mos contrac...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: 4 Questions About Twitter Job ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: BAs - Reinsurance - NJ - Con...
- [itroundtable] FW: Sr. Consultant
- [itroundtable] FINAL REMINDER: COMBINED DINNER MT...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2044
- [CNG] Digest Number 1890
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 306
- [WNO] Digest Number 452
- ▼ 02/07 - 02/14 (63)
- ► 2009 (1387)