SAVE THE DATE
Recruiter Night Out
Raffle: 2 Amex $100 Gift Cards Donated by Razzino Associates
On Tuesday evening, June 28th, MIS Network Associates (MNA), IT-Networking, the
- Corporate: Daria Palestina – Regeneron
- Corporate: Fawad Ali –
- Contingency: Ray Lancaster –
- Cnsltg/Corp: Frank Perrone – Stealth Bits
The panel will be moderated by Marty Latman, who is an advisor to Careers In Transition.
Possessing a skill set that combines finance, business development, operations and administration management, information technology, logistics and manufacturing,
Marty is the chairman of the Bergen Chapter of Financial Executive Network Group (FENG), which he created in March 2002 with 29 members. Membership within this chapter has now grown to over 2800 members. Since its inception, FENG-Bergen Chapter has successfully helped more than 550 of its members find gainful employment at a time when the country was in a period of lower employment. He is also the chairman of NJ Strategic Executive Networking Group (NJSENG) and a member of over 20 other career networking groups.
Marty has been a guest speaker to many networking groups where he has discussed various career development topics including networking, interviewing techniques and advance career planning strategies.
Marty is a graduate of The State University of New York-Albany, and a resident of
Unedited questions for the panel are included below. These questions are subject to editing until Friday, June 24th, when the final list will be published electronically to the previous recipients. Please return your comments on the questions to John Sampson at email@example.com ASAP. The final questions will be available in hard copy at the registration desk the evening of the dinner meeting on June 28th. Again, ad hoc questions will be accepted by the Moderator during the discussion with the panelists and Marty Latman may have a few questions for the panelists himself.
The schedule for the dinner meeting on June 28th will be:
The informal networking groups are so helpful in networking that we will do the "speed dating" again on the 28th before we sit down for dinner and the general introductions. Briefly, these informal "dates" consist of up to 4 people and last for 5 to 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes, the groups break up and new ones are formed with different participants. Suggested dialogues for your "speed dating" encounters will be provided at the registration desk in case you are at a loss for what to say during these conversations.
There will be an opportunity to circulate up to 60 copies of your resume, personal bio, leads, or mother appropriate material in a handout for each participant from the dinner.
The cost will be $30 for everyone if forwarded by mail or other to John Sampson by
An initial list of attendees will be emailed to all the RSVPs, members of MNA, the
For those attendees who are in transition, three target companies should be included in your RSVP as well as the type of position you seek.
A "final" numbered RSVP list of attendees will be available along with the pre-published questions and an ID badge at the registration desk on the 28th. Your number on the final RSVP list should be part of your introduction: "I'm number x on the RSVP list …". All attendees should have their sharp, crisp, 30 second elevator speech at the ready. Too many "ahs, dees and doeses" will be cut off unceremoniously. Remember, you and your introduction will be between the rest of the attendees and dinner!
A final RSVP list of the actual attendees will be emailed to everyone who participated by first week in July. The cost of the dinner will be $45 for everyone after June 17th and before
Again, bring 60 copies of your bio/resume, leads, or materials you wish to be included in the handout the evening of June 28th.
Directions to the Holiday Inn at One Rt 46 Westbound in Totowa can be found at www.holiday-inn.com/totowanj.
Dues are due for MNA Members.
If you would like to help out at the meeting on the 28th, volunteer to be a "Meeting Marshall". Call John Sampson at 973-248-3251 for details. We can use your help!!!
Please join us for what always is a well attended evening of lively discussion, great networking opportunities, and a chance to just catch up.
Draft Questions for Recruiters Night Out
(Pls edit these questions appropriately and return the results to John Sampson)
1. What is your perception of the current job market in general such as demand for IT, HR, Fin Svcs, and Eng skills for both contract and permanent senior positions ?
2. Are there any key industries to target?
a. growth industries?
b. specific companies?
3. Do you see or anticipate any impact on hiring – in financial services or other - as a result of the subprime mortgage and liquidity crunch?
4. What are the top issues or problems that your clients are trying to solve?
a. most sought after skills?
5. When a client specifies "hands on"
a. do you ask for a clarification / definition?
b. what is your interpretation?
6. What is your/your client's policy regarding references and Social Security numbers up front? Are they required, what should a candidate do when asked for them?
7. What makes a resume click with you? Can you relate any examples?
8. What can a person do to differentiate themselves?
9. How important are certifications? Which ones are in the most demand?
10. How and how often should candidates stay in touch with you?
11. Do you use LinkedIn as part of your search process in looking for candidates? How often do pictures and a complete profile figure your evaluation of candidates?
Considering the audience tonight, and the current status of the market as you see it, is there a final piece of advice you would like to offer them about dealing with Recruiters like yourselves?
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
[itroundtable] GENERAL: UPDATE - COMBINED RECRUITER NIGHT OUT DINNER MTG
Messages in this topic (1)
Posted by eRSArtist@gmail.com at 11:11 AM
Twitter / newyorkitjobs
Twitter / NYC_Tech_Jobs
- ► 2013 (666)
- ► 2012 (1933)
06/12 - 06/19
- [itroundtable] FW: E-Trading and Market Data Proje...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2496
- [WNO] Digest Number 907
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 675
- [CNG] Digest Number 2336
- [itroundtable] Looks like this will come in handy ...
- [itroundtable] HRIS Data Analyst - 6 month contrac...
- [itroundtable] FW: PL/SQL Developer -- King of Pru...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2495
- [WNO] Digest Number 906
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 674
- [CNG] Digest Number 2335
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Vice President of Fixed Incom...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Lead Infra Arch - NJ - to 19...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Infra Cnsltnt - CT - Hdwr/Op...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - IT Security - NY - Fin ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM Comm/R & D - NJ - Pharma
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Bus Anal - NYC - Fin Svcs...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Web PM - NYC - 6 mos Contrac...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: SharePoint Admin - CT - to11...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: 4 Micro strat Devel - CT - 2...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Mgr IT Ops - NJ? - to 130...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - 6 mos contract AS...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: DataLan Corporation Summer...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Cert Scrum Master - NJ - e-t...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Tech Cnsltnt - NY Metro - ER...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Hyperion Sys Anal - NYC - t...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Interaction Designer - NJ - ...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PM - NYC - Ins/ReIns a +
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2494
- [WNO] Digest Number 905
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 673
- [CNG] Digest Number 2334
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 655
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr BA - Supply Chain - SAP -...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr Mgr/Dir - Apps Hosting Sv...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Oracle Financial Analyst - Pa...
- [itroundtable] FW: Technical Writer in WoodCliff L...
- [itroundtable] FW: We have an open FULLTIME Perman...
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Engineering / Engineering Mgmt...
- [itroundtable] GENERAL: UPDATE - COMBINED RECRUIT...
- [itroundtable] FW: Opportunity for an IT Project M...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2493
- [WNO] Digest Number 904
- [SMCNG] Digest Number 672
- [CNG] Digest Number 2333
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 654
- [itroundtable] Fwd: Updating: A Social Media Strat...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Developer - NYC - to at leas...
- [itroundtable] LEADS: Cognos Desgn/Devel - NJ - $...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: MS PM - NJ - to 70/hr 1099 -...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: BA - ASAP - NJ - Contract
- [itroundtable] LEAD: Sr PM - NYC - to 12 mos cont...
- [itroundtable] LEAD: PMO Ops Mgr - NJ - to 60/hr
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2492
- [WNO] Digest Number 903
- [CNG] Digest Number 2332
- [itroundtable] FW: Job Opening in NYC For Implemen...
- [itroundtable] FW: Business Process Analyst-Long T...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2491
- [WNO] Digest Number 902
- [CNG] Digest Number 2331
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 653
- [itroundtable] GenY Networking Group - Meeting Rem...
- [itroundtable] Monday, June 27, 7-9pm: TCN/Temple ...
- [itroundtable] Digest Number 2490
- [CNG] Digest Number 2330
- [NE-Financial-Services-IT-Jobs] Digest Number 652
- ▼ 06/12 - 06/19 (68)
- ► 2010 (2984)
- ► 2009 (1387)